AMUST Registry Cleaner 2.0

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by CogitoErgoSum, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 22, 2006
  2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Isn't their black&white "Competitive Comparison" not a little bit exaggerated ?

3. SayWhat

SayWhat Guest

Anyone that would market a product called e-condom for surfing the internet has to be on crack. I would suggest their registry cleaner is also.

4. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Erik .
    What do you mean exagerated ? It shows nothing of interest . Just alot of stupid stuff . lol . Of course , the " undo " feature is nice but sheesh ! Most make a backup anyway . Yep . Looks like crap to me . Might be great but , there needs to be more shown on their site than what they have in comparison review .:cool:

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

My intial reaction was exactly the same as both of you guys, but being curious:

I downloaded the trial.

Note I use Macecrafts Regesuprem Pro, and I always let it clean what it finds. True even if I do the aggressive scan. Use it about once a month and usually find around 100 items to clean.

1) I refreshed my First Defense snapshot.(always do this before any registry messing around)

2. Installed Amust's Registry cleaner.
    3. Let it do a full scan and it found some 830 items.
    4. Then I let it clean everything it found.
    5. Scheduled and ran a registry compaction. Works on reboot and worked fine.

Computer rebooted fine, and everything seems to be working fine. May be my imagination, but computer seems a tad pepperier.

Note: I would never let anything to a scheduled registry clean. I want to backup with FDISR first.

Overall, my impression at this point, is that I am very impressed, can't say I feel they have grossly exaggerated any claims, and probably will buy the product.

Pete

PS I would never recommend trying this without something like FDISR to back up you.

6. ErikAlbert

Well it seems that their comparision table wipes out the entire competition and tell the reader that their product has everything, what others don't have, which isn't true. That was the exaggeration LOL.

7. hollywoodpc

Thanks Peter .
    And Erik . I knew what you were talking about . I was just making fun of THEIR comparison table . Saying it has a scheduler and others do not is as important as NOD turning red and KAV turning , ... well , ... red . lol Stupid comparison . I am in total agreement with you . Definately exaggerated

8. Peter2150

Hey Guys

I totally agree with you about that comparison table, it was really pointless and silly, but no doubt my system is indeed more responsive. Going to test on my laptop.

Skeptical, but so far convinced.

Pete

9. hollywoodpc

I use Regheal and love it . but , Peter , you and I use alot of similar apps . So , I think I might check it out too . We will see . WooooHooo . Thanks again

10. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Echoing Peter's findings, I too d/l the trial and gave it a go (up to, but not including deletion). I then compared both the number of entries and the specific entry names to those found by Registry Healer (imho, a very good reg cleaner).

I typically run Reg Healer on a weekly basis, backing up my registry before each cleaning. This time, Reg Healer found 56 entries it reported should be cleaned. I printed them out but did not delete them. I then ran AMUST and it found 81 entries to be deleted, which I also printed out.

Comparing the two printouts, every entry found by Reg Healer was also detected by AMUST. Examining the additional 25 entries found by AMUST, it was obvious to me that most of them were actual 'orphans' (which should be deleted). Of the additional entries it would have deleted, only 3 of them were questionable (meaning that I'm not sure if they are needed, or not).

Also in its favor, AMUST has the nicest GUI I've seen in a reg cleaner, it provides a brief description of every entry it finds, and most importantly, it facilitates a reg-backup for recovery if necessary.

At this point, I am also quite impressed. ~pv

11. ErikAlbert

I also agree with Peter about the "Set and Forget" feature (scheduled registry scan).
    Most less-knowledgeable users will use this feature and that makes this registry cleaner a bit dangerous.
    The fact that registry backup seems to be included in scheduled registry scan, is good, but "registry & less knowledgeable users" is quite a dangerous combination.
    When something goes wrong, will these users be able to choose the right registry backup file to restore their registry ?
    Even worse, will these users even KNOW that the registry is the REASON why their computer doesn't work properly anymore ?
    That's why I'm not a big fan of registry cleaners at least not for less-knowlegdeable users.

I had the same problem with "removing duplicate files" in EasyCleaner, which is also a dangerous feature.
    That's why EasyCleaner is on my blacklist, although EasyCleaner is probably a good software.

12. CogitoErgoSum

Thanks ErikAlbert, SayWhat, hollywoodpc, Peter2150 and pvsurfer for the input.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

13. hollywoodpc

pv dude !
    Thanks . Since you use RegHeal , as I do , your info is appreciated . Very interesting . Remember though . In Regheal , there are some that are deleted and some that are just " fixed " . I will give it a go

14. pvsurfer

hollywood~ First of all, AMUST also has a 'fix' function. Secondly, bear in mind that this was but one comparison run. Over the next few weeks I intend to perform additional comparisons between the 2 products before shelling out my $, but out-of-the-gate it sure looks like CogitoErgoSum has come up with a very good find. ~pv

PS. As you compare it to Reg Healer, let's compare notes!

15. Peter2150

Hi Again.

Tested Amust on my laptop. Again favorable results. I do agree with ErikAlbert, that in the hands of newbies it could be a bit dangerous. I not only use the registry backup, but do a first defense snapshot refresh. Would never let any registry cleaner run without those precautions.

Having said that, I think I am going to purchase this program.

Pete

16. hollywoodpc

I understand pv . Here are my 1st results :

Attached Files:

17. hollywoodpc

And now RegHeal :

Hmmm

Attached Files:

18. hollywoodpc

This is RegHeal result AFTER using AMUST to fix everything . No change . Interesting thing though , I DO seem to have a bit more pep . Is this possible ? I must say to that RegHealer has many more options and I have all of them being used in expert mode . Still , this much of a difference ? I would have thought they would be close after reading these posts . As you can see . Not on my system

Attached Files:

19. hollywoodpc

After letting RH fix what IT found , I ran Amust again . Amust found nothing .

20. pvsurfer

Is it possible that AMUST resulted in performance pick-up? Yes, but not too likely imho... Before you jump to such conclusions, let's see what's apparent over time (at least a couple of weeks).

21. hollywoodpc

No no . Not jumping at all . The pep thing was a side note and probably NOT likely . Just my imagination as was the POSSIBLE case with Peter . My point was the entries . What was found and not found . That was all . And I WILL play with these two apps over the next couple of weeks . Please keep us informed on what you find .

22. pvsurfer

You got it. ....btw, should have mentioned that I'm conducting all of my test comparisons in each program's 'standard' (easy) mode.

23. CogitoErgoSum

I purchased AMUST RC 2.0 with a $5 discount and am quite pleased with its performance so far. The $5 discount can only be had by taking the quiz on AMUST's home page.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

24. hollywoodpc

You are a brave soul . For me , RegHeal is making a better showing but , the others here have had possitive results . I will continue to play with these before I even THINK about paying for Amust . Who knows . It might be great !

25. Peter2150

I fully agree, that the peppier feeling, could be imagination, but I have a pretty good feel for the response for certain reactions and they do seem faster.

Worth noting even thought I've been using Regsupreme Pro in the aggressive mode, Amust found 828 entries in the com group. This machine is about 18th months old. Only because of the safety of FDISR, I just let it fix them all. I've done this with other cleaners, and couldn't reboot, so I am impressed.

Also on the compacting it reduced the first category(forgot what it is) almost 90%, so compacting the registry, could indeed make things speedier.

What can I say, I have to agree this is a great find. Given it is fairly inexpensive compared to other software I've purchased, I too probably will by it.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.