amonetizeinstaller.com/update.php

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dogger, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dogger

dogger Registered Member

Could someone help me out with this problem. Im running 5.2.9.1 version nod32 antivirus with windows 7, every time I boot up, nod32 pops up at lower right corner stating it has blocked "amonetizeinstaller.com/update.php" trying to access to the net. I would like to delete "amonetizeinstaller.com/update.php" from my laptop but cannot find where it's located on my drive. I've scanned it with nod32, reg cleaner etc, but no joy can't find where it is.

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hello! At first it sounded like a firewall warning telling you it had blocked the connection, but now I think that's not the case.

Well, if you can't locate the file, then it might be possible that NOD32 has put the file in the quarantine, so you could look in the quarantine to see if it's inside. And if it is then you can delete the file from there.

Though it doesn't sound right since NOD32 shouldn't popup on stuff that's already in the quarantine afaik but it doesn't hurt to check anyway. :doubt:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  3. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Since Amonetizeinstaller.com is a website, you'll want to get a scan log to help determine what file or program on your computer is attempting to communicate with this site to check for updates every time you start up your computer.

If it's a program, you can either uninstall it or disable the option to check for updates. If it's a specific file (not tied to a program), you can simply scan & then delete the file.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can also create a SysInspector log via the shortcut in the Start menu and send it to your local customer care or ESET's viruslab for analysis as per the instructions here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.