AMON non-stop scanning

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by goodman888, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goodman888

goodman888 Registered Member

I just found my AMON is non-stop scanning the computer....

The computer was idle. But AMON reported it had scanned 15,000 files in around 10 minutes and it went on.

I disabled all schedules, rebooted several times but no use...

I didn't notice any similar case before.

The version is NOD32 version 2.7

Is that related to a bug in latest updates? o_O

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Something is accessing the files on the disk and that is why AMON is constantly scanning them . An example of this *something* could be another resident protection you might have running (performing some scheduled scan) and NOD32 is re-scanning them because they are opened/accessed.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Or something's continually writing to a log which makes AMON rescan the file every time the log's altered.

4. TeMorituri

TeMorituri Registered Member

Since yesterday I too have noted that AMON is just constantly cycling through my document files at an extremely slow rate : I am up to 42060 files scanned after 4 hours and its still just ticking along. It particulalry seems to be hitting my jpeg files but I am starting to believe it is just rescanning the same files over and over.

I am using NOD32 2.7 fully updated (and genuine paid up variety) and I am running genuine Vista Ultimate 32 bit ( and therefore Windows defender) but have no other resident services that might be running as you have suggested and when I ask NOD to run an in depth scan it happily begins a scan which so far never seems to end
    (again 4hrs long). I had (yesterday) just downloaded a large 300Mb chunk of Windows Update which was all for MSOffice ( I think it was SP2) Could that be writing to a log file?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.