AMON-infected 4, cleaned 2

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by TimaN, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimaN

TimaN Registered Member

I wonder why only 2 of 4 infections were cleaned (deleted) on this screenshot and not all 4. What happened to other 2 infections? Has anybody had this on their computer? I'm new to this forum as registered user, but visit this forum regularly in search of interesting topics. So finally I've registered and can post as well. :)

Attached Files:

• amon.jpg
      amon.jpg
      File size:
      110.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Kye-U

Kye-U Security Expert

I think it actually cleaned 2 of the 4, and deleted the other 2 (which were uncleanable).

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello TimaN

Welcome to Wilders.

Can you look in the threat log and see what info it gives you? Just doubleclick the entries for more info.

4. TimaN

TimaN Registered Member

But in my action settings for AMON it's on "prohibit access and show alert". It is not on " clean automatically ". I remember I had to chose "delete" in the virus alert message and there were only two alert windows not 4. So this is what puzzles me, where other 2 infections came from.

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Anything in quarantine?

6. TimaN

TimaN Registered Member

Yes those two files that I deleted, and in threat logs it's hard to tell which ones AMON has shown because it resets information to 0 after restart and I have restarted my computer after that screenshot.

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I assume those files in quarantine are newly created files. Have you tweaked your settings in NOD, or do you use the default settings?

8. TimaN

TimaN Registered Member

I use default settings to promt me before any action. Only thing that I added is to scan within archived files during scan, that's all I changed.

9. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

From the Amon help file of the program:

If the file system monitor (AMON) detects a virus, several alternative scenarios are supported and can be selected using three radio buttons. The default scenario blocks access to the infected file, displays the warning panel, and offers a selection of follow-up actions. These selections are described in the Security Tab.

Alternatively, access to the infected file can be blocked without any offer of further action.

To request cleaning of the infected file, select the “clean automatically” radio button. This works only in the case of cleanable viruses, such documents infected with macro viruses.

If you are not an advanced user, you may want AMON delete newly created infected files automatically. To accomplish this, select the "Prohibit access" radio button and check the "Move newly created files to Quarantine" check-box. For security reasons, files cannot be deleted automatically without placing a copy of them to quarantine first so it's a good idea to empty quarantine from time to time if no problems are observed after automatic deletion of infected files.

10. TimaN

TimaN Registered Member

So I should be safe with all default security options and with "prohibit access and show alert", right? Still, usually it says "cleaned 1 of 1", but sometimes 2 of 4 for some reason.

11. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

yep - you should be safe with that.

12. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

You know when I test with eicar, I usually end up with 14 infected and 2 cleaned.
    This is because NOD checks not only the file, but also the app creating the file or running the file.

So any sane person would say "well that has to be 2 each time then".
    Yes me too, but OS's works in a strange way :)

13. TimaN

TimaN Registered Member

Thanks Brian N, this makes me feel little better, that I'm not the one who gets this. :doubt:

14. ragnarok

ragnarok Registered Member

the stuff that all four modules detect as infected are listed in the threat log, (i have no clue why your threat log is deleted after reboot), there you can see wich actions were taken at an specific moment, so it comes very handy at times like this ;), you also may want to take a look at blackspear´s tutorial wich helps you to greatly configure your nod32.

15. TimaN

TimaN Registered Member

No, I was talking not about log being deleted after restart, but AMON display showing "infected=0" and "cleaned=0" back to zero's. Sorry for the confusion..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.