AMON exlude files vs IMON exclude apps

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by DesertRat, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesertRat

DesertRat Registered Member

I'm not sure exactly what happens with an application that is excluded from checking in IMON, so I can't answer this question for myself.

What I'm interested in doing excluding the file creation and modification activities of a known internet application. I also know what directories will be used for these activities. So, it appears, on the surface at least, to me that I could either exclude the application from IMON or exclude the directory from AMON. or both. Also, I don't want IMON scanning data destined for this application as it arrives. HOWEVER - I do want AMON to vet the file if it opened by application other than the creating application.

Is this doable? and how?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

In order to achieve what you want , you need to exclude the program and its folders from scanning by AMON and exclude it in IMON , as well.

Sure . But only if this file is saved in a location different from the excluded one.

3. DesertRat

DesertRat Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, HiTech_boy. I can see the logic of that. I suppose you might have figured I'm talking about a BitTorrent technology file-sharing program in this specific case, though I can see it applicable to something like Exchange Server as well. (In the case of Exchange Server I followed the manual for XMON and after that never messed with it.)

However,
    It's not a good thing, is it? That would be a very easy step to forget if one was cavalier in one's attitude regarding downloads.

I'm going to try the settings you point out and see if there is a remarkable performance difference.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.