AMON dectects but on demand scanner doesn't?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by _vlad, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _vlad

_vlad Registered Member

Just a bit confused here...

Before copying a few files from a USB pen drive, I selected the drive and scanned the drive with the on demand contextual menu selection and no threats were discovered. But when copying the files over, AMON found two threats.

Is there any particular reason the on demand scanner didn't find the threats? This is running in a XP SP2 system.

2. sangam

sangam Registered Member

AMON scans all files at the time of access, so the virus was detected, but the contextual scan may not.

check the profile that is being used, when using the context menu scans. for example i use the in depth analysis option.

when you click "in depth analysis" option in nod32, the scan starts, but you can stop, then go to profiles, ensure that control center profile - in depth analysis is selected & "use this profile for scanning files/folders from within the context menu" is selected. you may also change any action settings, now. then click on the quit button, u will be asked if u would like to save the settings, say yes, & u r done. thereafter all your settings of in depth analysis options will be used for scanning.

i also keep the option "use this profile when launching nod32 from the control center set to in depth analysis".

3. _vlad

_vlad Registered Member

Thanks for that! I had a feeling that it would be a settings issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.