AMON configuration

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by Jaewyn, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaewyn

Jaewyn Registered Member

I have done the NOD32 configuration as displayed in wilders.org, so amon automatically tries to disinfect a virus, and in amon delete, exclude and rename was disabled.

So, first question, why is it good to disable delete and rename ?

Second question : what happens if amon doesnt succeed in disinfecting the file. Does it still forbid the access to the infected file ?

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I havent found the answer on those forums :)

2. rodzilla

rodzilla Registered Member

> I have done the NOD32 configuration as displayed in wilders.org, so amon automatically tries to disinfect a virus, and in amon delete, exclude and rename was disabled.

> So, first question, why is it good to disable delete and rename ?

> Second question : what happens if amon doesnt succeed in disinfecting the file. Does it still forbid the access to the infected file ?

AMON cannot delete or disinfect.

"Exclude" is a baaaaad idea unless you know 100% what you are doing.

AMON will block the virus. Run the on-demand scanner to disinfect or delete the file ... or manually delete if it is an infected email.

3. Jaewyn

Jaewyn Registered Member

What are you talking about ? In amon setup, in actions tabs, I have the auto disinfect check box, the disinfect, rename, delete, exclude checkbox, and you tell me amon is unable to disinfect or delete ? :D

So if I click on "Close" in amon, then tries to open the infected file again, I will still have amon message ? And I will be unable to access the file until it has been disinfected ? Good thing this one :)

If setup will change in next NOD32 version, I hope wilders.org will put online an other recommanded setup :)

Why do not check for all files in amon, and check for all files in NOD32 ?

Thanks for all :) And, rod, I'm glad your eyes were cured :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.