AMON and Server 2003

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by brentcoppock, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brentcoppock

brentcoppock Registered Member

Upon reviewing previous posts on this issue, I find that I might be fighting a losing battle here, but I want to give it a shot anyway. First, I have installed NOD32 on my windows 2003 box with IMON disabled and it worked perfectly. I then got a license to run on my virtual box that is hosted with GoDaddy and while it installs, with IMON disabled, AMON will NOT start!

The only thing I can think of from previous posts is that somehow the virtual server is running Dynamic Disks and that AMON does not fully support this. My server is running them however as I have a RAID array(software based) and it works just fine there.

Does anyone have any ideas of things I can try to get the AMON working?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, welcome to Wilders.

The most common occurrence of this error is caused by remnants of a previous antivirus software installation remaining in the registry (I don't know if this is still the case with a Virtual PC).

Please use the following link if you have had Norton or McAfee on your system. Download and run the appropriate removal tool: http://www.eset.com/download/av-uninstallers.php

For Trend there is further information here: http://esupport.trendmicro.com/support/viewxml.do?ContentID=en-121942#3

If the above fails to resolve the issue please reinstall a fresh copy of NOD32

Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  3. brentcoppock

brentcoppock Registered Member

I have removed and reinstalled NOD32 as requested. The operating system in question has never had any other antivirus software on it before now so that would eliminate the dregs of other a/v from being the problem. AMON will still not start. I followed the prescribed method for installation on win2003 and as I said the only difference between the 2003 at home and this one is that this is a virtual machine hosted platform, but I cannot see how that would make any difference.

Any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.