Amazon.com doesn't display

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mrbrimi, Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msanto

msanto Registered Member

If it's a book page maybe you should post the URL.

2. mrbrimi

mrbrimi Registered Member

Here's the response I got from support. it doesn't help much as I'd already explained that I could work around the problem using higher compatability. Was hoping they might say they were looking into the problem.

"Hello,

Try changing the settings for IE from Higher efficiency to Higher compatibility under NOD32 Control Center > IMON > setup > HTTP tab > setup.

Thank you for using NOD32!

Your Eset Team"

3. msanto

msanto Registered Member

I noticed if I remove 8080 from the list of ports it d/ls the page fine, in high efficiency mode. Otherwise I have to use compatibility mode. Not sure how vulnerable this makes me.

My only other experience w/ NOD32 is 2.09; how much of a change is this new IMON? What exactly are the "improvements"?

4. msanto

msanto Registered Member

OK, did some experimenting. Uninstalled and reinstalled. When you first run IE, IMON adds Mozilla/4.0; iexplore.exe to the list or programs in the compatability list.

But even though I ran NOD32 w/ the default settings (meaning Mozilla/4.0; svchost.exe and Industry Update Control) set to Higher Compatibility when it first starts the program, for some reason it set Mozilla/4.0; iexplore.exe to Higher Efficiency. When set like this, I could get to amazon.com. After I set it to Higher Comptibility, it worked.

This despite adding NOD32 Update to the list and setting this to Higher Compatibility.

So:

Why did it add the new entry w/ Higher Efficiency when everything else was added w/ Higher Compatibility?

Seems like the "HE" setting does not work all the time. It would be nice if "HC" would always get set, so I don't have to "have a connection problem, check the settings to make sure", etc etc.

Oh, FYI, XP SP1 ! on this test laptop.

5. Big D1

Big D1 Registered Member

Same here with XP Home SP2 and IE 6.0. Disable IMON or set to higher compatbility, and the page loads just fine.

6. msanto

msanto Registered Member

Got an email back from support:

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the problem. Our development team is still working on it. The problem exists only on some system, and it appears there is a conflict with one of the past MS patches for Windows.

Current workaround is to set the IMON setting for IE to Higher compatibility or to use an alternative browser (e.g. Mozilla Firefox).

All files are being scanned for viruses equally under both settings (Higher compatibility and Higher efficiency). The difference is that under Higher efficiency, IE should load pages a little faster, however, the difference is hardly noticable.

Thank you for using NOD32!

Your Eset Team

Well, at least they're looking at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.