Amazon cloud computing web chaos

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by CloneRanger, Apr 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Crash 2.0: Amazon battles to restore confidence in cloud computing as web chaos continues into second day

2. Johnny123

Johnny123 Registered Member

In the cloud no one can hear you scream.

Here's a rather tongue-in-cheek look at cloud computing.

3. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Amazon’s Trouble Raises Cloud Computing Doubts

Amazon’s Trouble Raises Cloud Computing Doubts.

-- Tom

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Merged Threads to Continue Same Topic!

5. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

'An unprecedented failure'...which can (relatively easily?) be mitigated by offering such services spreaded over multiple server farms. (Right?)

I've read this is still a 'premium package' option, as of now, but I'd guess it will become part of the 'standard package' pretty soon.

6. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

"Thanks" to Amazon I wasted a couple of hours of my time trying to figure out why the Intel online drivers upgrade feature was not working on their website. :argh: :thumbd:

7. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

'TheRegister' offers more background info on the recent Amazon cloud cluster****.

'Amazon has apologized for the extended outage that hit its AWS infrastructure cloud late last week, providing an extensive explanation for the problem and extending 10 days of credit to customers who were using data stores in the portion of the service where the problem originated.

The outage was sparked, the company said, when engineers attempted to upgrade network capacity in a single "availability zone" in the service's East Region and network traffic was shifted to the wrong router. AWS is divided into multiple geographical regions, and each region may be sub-divided into zones designed to be insulated from each other's failures. But for several hours, the outage spread to other availability zones.
    ...'

link

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.