Amateur's Help Forum

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Ferrell Hurst, Feb 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferrell Hurst

Ferrell Hurst Registered Member

Let's make a forum for puter amateurs to share problems and answers to their questions.

Let's call it "Forum for Amateurs" and make it a place amateurs can go straight to, without having to wade through all the deep stuff.

A place to let other amateurs know where they found their answers and what steps they took to apply the cure to their problems.

Wherein experts, who don't mind explaining things in a "Answers For Dummys" format, similar to books for dummys, in terms that are not so geeky that they swoosh over our heads, like flying cow patties (Some of which hit us square in the face.), by not taking anything for granted, such as: thinking we know what they're talking about or, how to do even the most inexpert of things.

Cliche: "There are none so blind as those who cannot see." or, in my words: "True retardation is to willfully ignore the truth.".

2. JayK

JayK Poster

Hmm, for most part wilders security is exactly what you want, a board for dummies. Your post basically describes what wilders is.

In general the level of technical stuff posted here isn't very high. Leaving aside the geeky tech moderators or experts the rest of us are exactly what you call amateurs

There are "deep" stuff posted here occasionally, but not often (usually when venders take potshots at each other products :) ).

Seriously, if you think anyone here is posting too technical stuff when helping newbies , feel free to point it out.

Certainly there are members (well actually one member) here that seems to enjoy remindering me that I'm always posting too technical, which makes me wonder whether we are living in the same universe :).

3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Actually, I never said that your post are "too technical" for this forum (I know you're refering to me). I said you are more technical than I am but not that your posts are TOO technical for this group, in fact, I would say that this group NEEDS better and more technical posts. As I have said before, your post are above my head, but that's not saying much. In my opinion there is no way that anyone could submit a post that is "too technical" to any computer users forum. JayK, take care and have a nice weekend.

Acadia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.