Am I entitled to upgrade?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Lio, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lio

Lio Registered Member

I'm since long time a NOD user.
    First of all, sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language....
    I,ve now a 2 years subscription but I'm wondering if some of you can help me.
    I wrote also to ESET but none had replied :(
    I've a pc running Vista 64 with NOD32 2.7 on it. It's regular updated as you can see here:

My question is:

Why my NOD doesn't upgrade on version 3?
    Maybe I'm wrong, but with my 2 year license I thought to be entitled to program update.
    In this moment I cannot set NOD to scan Windows live Mail for example.....

Thanks for any help

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

You are entitled to update to v3.0, but for now, you will have to manually download this.

As this is a new program entirely, its not considered an "update" so it won't be pushed to the update servers. v2.7 is still supported so they are not forcing users to update yet.

Just use your current username and password and download the newest version from eset's website.

HTH

3. Lio

Lio Registered Member

thanks so much for your so fast reply!:)

So I've now downloaded the version 3....
    Can I install the new version on the old 2.7 version?
    And, does the version 3 work with Windows Live Mail and Incredimail?
    I'm reading some post here and some people isn't happy with the new version....:doubt:

mmmmmmm not so sure to upgrade.
    Thanks so much!

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

You technically can install over the older version, although its recommended to just uninstall 2.7 and then install 3.0. It just makes for a cleaner installation.

You are not required to update to 3.0. Some people have a lot of problems, other people (like myself) have yet to have a problem at all. Use at your own discretion. Also, if you choose to use 3.0 and you don't like it, you can always go back to 2.7. Keep in mind, 3.0 is a work in progress and is always being updated to fix bugs or problems users may find.

And, yes it will work with those mail programs. It scans the same way with incoming mail.

HTH

5. Lio

Lio Registered Member

Hi Capp! Again thanks for your reply!
    As I can see, you are a "guru" on NOD:) whereby I assume you can help me again :-*
    1) How can I be able to protect and to check my Windows Live Mail in Vista 64 (both in download and upload)?
    2) And, why every time I do a scan of a downloaded file, I get this answer:

Thanks in advance

6. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

7. Capp

Capp Registered Member

1) If your Windows Live Mail is setup to receive/send email via POP3/SMTP, then NOD will scan all incoming and outgoing messages automatically. If you email is configured to be downloaded and uploaded via another method, or through another port besides, you will need to enter the correct port into NOD32.

Within NOD, go to the Advanced Setup. On the left side, expand Antivirus and Antispyware, then expand Email Protection, then expand POP3 and click on "Email Clients". Search the list for your Windows Live Mail and make sure there is a check mark next to it. If you do not see it in the list, click "Add" and search for it.
    If you need to enter a different port besides the default 110, click on "POP3" on the left hand side and add it too the text box with a comma (i.e "110, 260".

2) See WebYourBusiness's reply above.

HTH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.