Am I dreaming?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Arin, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arin

Arin Registered Member

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Why would they be bonkers for having a mail client protection service??

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Providing a mail client protection service isn't bonkers but offering a "100% virus-free guarantee" may well be!!

Regards

4. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Hello Fellow Dreamers!

Anybody user or vendor who claims 100% virus free guarantee is, well, worse than bonkers.... fill in your own favorite words.

Maybe they delete all e-mail and then shred it for you that would be close to 100%. :rolleyes:

5. Arin

Arin Registered Member

Well they are saying their TrustLayer provides 100% virus-free guarantee. Ok I admit probably for the first time Panda is going the multiple engine way but still 100% virus-free is stretching the imagination too far. What happened to Fred Cohen's work?

6. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

100% virus free is utter bullshit

7. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

But standard advertising bulls##t :D

8. Arin

Arin Registered Member

Fred Cohen proved it beyond any doubt that its impossible to make a scanner which will detect ALL the viruses. I guess he earned his PhD for that. So such types of advertisements should be dealt with strict laws!

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

But if they say We can guarantee you won't be infected 95 % virus-free guarateed , who will buy the product :D

10. micifu

micifu Registered Member

I am using this anti virus since two weeks ago, and I guarantee that I haven,t had any problems. No virus or any malware in my PC.
    Even I have done some tests with all the viruses that I have at home and all of them havebeen stopped.

This is all what I can say right. I hope it can helps. I will update you with mmore info. later.

Micifu

11. steve161

steve161 Registered Member

The commom-law term for that type of advertising is "puffery". Even ivory soap doesn't claim 100 percent.

12. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

99 44/100% pure :D

13. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Any smart human being will never say "never". By the same token, any merchant w/ IQ not less than grade 2's will never use the word "100% guarantee". We all know he is reraised your four of kind w/ merely an ace high. Bluffing, indeed, and shameful , to say the least.

14. micifu

micifu Registered Member

Take into account that if they don´t comply, they pay a penalty of 3000€ or one month cost. Therefore, they have to be sure that they are going to comply. Otherwise....

15. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Nice to know that, but.... who is the governing body and who is the enforecement force, and how to reach the final verdict. 3000 euro is deep fine, but if they can rack in 30,000 euro, that fine is just a tiny drop, from business point of view, and will not serve a deterrent factor. IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.