Am I being spied ?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Lh2O, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lh2O

Lh2O Registered Member

Hello,

For a few months now, my browser, Firefox, opens from time to time my home page, even if I am already using it. I don't want to get too much paranoid, but it's like if a software was checking if my Internet connection is active.

It's been along for several versions of FF, so I don't think that's a bug. I installed NOD32 and scan my comp but it didn't detected anything.

What should I do from there ?

Attached is the list of the addons I use with FF, but I don't think any of them would do anything like this.

Attached Files:

• ff.JPG
      ff.JPG
      File size:
      46.5 KB
      Views:
    • ff2.JPG
      ff2.JPG
      File size:
      24.8 KB
      Views:
  2. philby

philby Registered Member

You could check to see whether the behaviour is replicated with some/all of those add-ons disabled by running FF in safe mode for a while:

Start > Run and type Firefox –safe-mode
    Disable All to start with and then mybe disable all but one, all but two etc. to narrow thngs down.

Just an idea...

philby

EDIT Also, maybe check step 5 here - that no unwelcome proxy has been set.

3. Lh2O

Lh2O Registered Member

Thanks.

Using FF in safe mode is not really doable as it doesn't happen on a regular basis (like once a day for instance), which is even more weird.

I check my proxy settings and it was set to "use system proxy", and switched it to No proxy ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.