alternatives to Norton Goback ?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by leoliver, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leoliver

leoliver Registered Member

Hi Everybody,

Since Norton Goback conflicts with so many TI 10 operations, I was wondering what others could recommend as "instant restore applications" , that would be a alternative to Goback? Of course, I'm looking for restore apps. that would be completely compatible with all TI 10 operations.
    Thanks.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Larry,

I've moved your thread to here from the True Image forum as it's an alternative software query rather than a TI support issue.

Regards

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

There are several. Check out the leapfrog forum for discussions on FDISR. Also search on Rollback, and you will find other threads about this subject.

4. Durad

Durad Registered Member

RestoreIT, amazing software!

5. AlamoCity

AlamoCity Registered Member

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Rollback Rx here.Although some have reported problems with V8 it has been running smooth on my PC since I went from V7 to V8.

8. AlamoCity

AlamoCity Registered Member

How much does it slow your computer down, and do you find it using most of your processor a lot of the time?

9. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Does not slow my PC down a bit.Except on boot up it takes 3-5 min.And I can live with that. I have it set up to automaticly take 1 snapshot a day that way if something goes wrong I have plenty to work with,only keeping 30 or so snapshots at a time thou.Has saved my ass more then once.

10. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

While RestoreIt would be an improvement over GoBack, to the best of my kinowledge it will not run on a PC which has TI installed, as Larry's does!

Larry, as you can see from my sig., I use Rollback Rx (7.2.1) together with TI and the combo works fine. And from what I've read from other posters here at Wilders, FD-ISR is also compatible with TI. Try the evals to see which is your 'cup of tea'.

Last edited: May 6, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.