Alternative to TuneUp Utilities' TuneUp MemOptimizer?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by gracie123, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

I recently downloaded the trial version of TuneUp Utilities but do not wish to buy it. Although, is there an alternative program out there that does the same thing as the MemOptimizer found in TuneUp? It says it Monitors and Optimizes free memory in the background.

Gracie

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Gracie, memory optimizers don't work. You cannot optimize memory with a software. But if you feel you're lacking in performance, you could buy more memory.
    Mrk

4. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Agree!

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Buying more memory is the best choice...

Windows XP have a much better memory management that Windows 98, but still needs a lot of improvements.

Some programs can make a better job than WinXP, like O&O CleverCache or CachemanXP...

6. King FN Kong

King FN Kong Registered Member

Ive tried them all. they DO NOT work at all.

7. adi200

adi200 Registered Member

I agree mem optimizers are a waste of time and sometimes money
    additional memory is the way to go and to be honest sometimes cheaper.

8. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

The programs does not resolve the main problem, but they do a better job than Windows...

9. King FN Kong

King FN Kong Registered Member

ive used these ram optimizers for years and i havent felt anything at all. and i use them on systems with low ram and low procesor and i havent "felt" any change at all.

i do hav cachemenxp, even bought it.its always on my windows installs but i do not use it for managing ram (its not running all the time) i use it only for its tweaks only once and then it stays sleeping in the program files directory.

again, things like MemOptimizer running in real time dont work at all. get another stick. good luck

10. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: Old saying"If it does not leak, do not fix it." If you do not encounter program hanging/stalling, you are probably oked, even running 256Mb and slower processer. However, if you have those symtoms, two apparent approaches; hardware and software. Hardware alteration resembling surgical implant,requiring outside assistance,although DIY possible, and correct parts is very essential. The other software approach resembling medicine remedy, DIY is the best. I would take the latter approach first, trying different MEM optimizers. If it cures your problem, why bother to cut open your baby and implant a foreign unknown body parts? Try O&O clever cache, it cures my problem after trial and error a good number of this type of apps. Good lucks.:)

11. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I already tried O&O Clever Cache a few months ago, just for fun, because I don't really need it (RAM = 2048MB). I only wanted to replace my Ferrari with a Lamborghini.
    But it wasn't fun, it caused such a mess in my computer, that I had to restore a previous taken image file.
    It was a good opportunity to test Acronis True Image Home agaaiiin. :)

12. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Erik, sorry to hear your misfortune w/ O&O clever cache. Perhaps, this app is not made for upper class( referring to good solid RAM storage) at all, but al least you have tried. I have only 512 RAM on this notebook, it does a very good job for me, never worry about RAM shortage anymore. Good day.

13. gracie123

gracie123 Registered Member

Hi everyone, I appreciate everyones input on my question. I have sufficient RAM but it just sounded like having a "memory optimizer" would be useful but reading everyones reply, it does not sound this way.

Thanks all again,

Gracie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.