Alternative to Spy Sweeper?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by rsallen1, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsallen1

rsallen1 Registered Member

Hi All, I am new to Wilders Security Forums so Hello!!

I have been a long time user of Spy Sweeper antispyware and it has served me well in the time I've had it. But now, my subscription expired and I am looking for an alternative. It doesen't matter if it's subscription based or its a free to use program. I am just looking for a good alternative to Spy Sweeper. I have had my friends recommend me Ad-Aware but again wanting to find out from others what they think is best.

Any opinions would be most appreciated!

Thank You,

Robert

2. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

Allow me to say that if you are satisfied with a product there is no need to change. Of course this is your decision. Before passing to the suggestions it would be useful to know which antivirus you're using. All major AVs are antispyware too, so it's not always necessary to use a dedicated anti spyware. In any case here are some suggestions:

- A-squared : Antispyware + antivirus ( v5 is coming soon and it will be antispyware and a full antivirus )
    - Superantispyware
    - Malwarebytes Antimalware

3. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

I highly agree with this :thumb: If they have served you well all these years then keep fundin them for their efforts and your protection ;)

All good suggestions and although not profiled as an AS it sure is a good 1 :-* : Prevx

4. gery

gery Registered Member

SPSW used to be good but it has become very heavy. i would suggest a free product since there is n need for a realtime as software. Now if you really want one do buy
    SAS
    MBAM
    good luck

5. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

There also is Spyware Terminator
    which is free
    www.spywareterminator.com

also have a strong support forum.
    www.forum.spywareterminator.com

it includes realtime plus a HIPs for unknown.

also includes clamAV which can be intergrated into ST for a bigger database.

yes people will say it sucks but they are working hard on making it better release a new version almost everymonth and soon they will be releasing their first 64bit beta of ST.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.