Alternate browsers

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by luciddream, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meltdown

Meltdown Registered Member

For me, one of the most useful features of alternative browsers is the option of selecting a word or phrase in a webpage and then right-clicking to access user-defined search engines. Opera and K-Meleon have that by default, and for Firefox there's the ConQuery extension.

2. herbalist

herbalist Guest

I've always liked the Mozilla Suite, now known as Sea Monkey. It has quite a bit in common with FF, but also has a built in e-mail component with address book, a webpage composer, and an IRC chat component. It's a complete package, like IE6 is, but much better. Many of the FireFox extensions work with it. On my old box, it's slightly faster than FF and much faster than IE6. I prefer its feel and appearance to FireFox. Except for sites that use ActiveX, I haven't had any problems with it not working properly.

I originally switched to Mozilla for security reasons, back when FireFox was called Firebird and was at version 0.7. Even if there wasn't any security advantage, I'd stay with Mozilla, aka Sea Monkey for its performance, comfort and the ease of customizing it.
    Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.