Alltools.zip

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by cy4lock, Dec 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cy4lock

cy4lock Registered Member

Deep in the Heart of the State of the Art. Dallas
    o_O
    I recently downloaded the subject file from:

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/web/htm/consoletools.htm

Is it possible to put these tools in a menu inside TDS?

I was hoping for something like a script that would open a
    command prompt and a popup menu to select the console
    tools of choice.

Any comments on the use of these console tools would be appreciated.

cy4

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Cy4
    The easiest is to create in your root a folder "Console" for instance and put all those files there; add the c:\console folder to your path in autoexec.bat so you have them available from anywhere in windows when you jump to the cmd.com to use them.
    Such scripts are to be made, like people in the private forum ever created a script to update the port references, to name an example, which uses the tools from the TDS console.

3. cy4lock

I'm not opposed to making and sharing a script but information on SS3 is sketchy at best. I've looked at the examples that came with TDS-3, I'll look again for a port reference one that I can tailior mine to.

You mention "private forum". What is the url for this. I haven't been able to find it recently. Thanks for your encouragement and I look forward to your response.

cy4
    ;)

4. kenw

kenw Registered Member

No private forum here either

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

The DiamondCS forum is for registered TDS operators only, those will be provided with the URL to it and have entrance.

Here at Wilders are the public DCS forums for supporting and discussing the products.

The ports references are known rather extended, even though these are only known default ports. I think it's always good to join forces in such projects as those over 130,000 ports are not all filled in any known list yet :)

The scripts shipped with the software are examples, we use as parts and "howto" for other scripts. My own interest was to use the speech technology which ships with TDS and is part of the msagents projects to transform TDS among others in a voice commanded desktop helper besides some other helpful functions.
    But of course SS3 can be used for rather serious projects too. :D

6. cy4lock

I hear ya. I've been a TDS Op since version 2. When I had tds-3 working I would connect to the forum via tds-3. A long while back when I upgraded to W2KAS I was unable to use tds-3...the dang thing just wouldn't work. However I have recently found the service problem using port explorer and now I'm up and running again... :eek: ...except my tds-3 forum link doesn't work. The research site must be down.

I sure like that PE program...think I'll be plunking down the bucks right now...
    maybe the newsletter will have a clue as to what url to use. Anyways I appreciate your cander and look forward to reading your posts in the future. :D ... here and there.

cy4

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

As we use our real names there, it's hard to know who is behind the nicks here :D
    The forum recently moved to another URL, so this is why you can't connect via the F5 nor "Forum" menu option now which will be solved in the next version for sure.
    I posted a little SS3 script with buttons for direct access to DCS and Wilders forum which people might like to include into their own bigger script.

In the examples i remember scripts with drop down menus from which you might like to grab the console tool you want to use, or you might like to make a form with buttons, pressing which opens the command.com and the function you want to use, or a whole script if you like, like updating the portrefs for instance, whatever.......

Glad you have it all working again, as i would feel bad a single moment without my most beloved programs and toys.

PE i've been happy and proud to be one in the team of beta testers and translators and i do like the program a lot. Great PE even helped you with the w2k service problem to get TDS working on your system again, so that was already proof of it's value, not to mention all the other parts you will find in the full version!

I love seeing people in both forums and sharing ideas, finds and solutions!

8. cy4lock

Amen Brother!!!

I grabbed a reg for PE earlier today...can't wait to start nosing around abit.

I saw the menu.sse and the menu2.sse files in the examples, letme see what I can come up with.

read ya soon!

cy4

aka

tcb

trusted computer base :D

9. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi again Cy4,
    congratulations with the PE!

The menu2.ss3 example is one i think you might like indeed for your goal.
    The buttons script to jump to this and the private forum on a button click --i included the jukebox script for some music-- i posted in the SS3 area, name Forums.SS3.
    If you're really inspired you can include speech parts or agents ..
    (which agents you can make into an .exe so they go voice commanded all over your windows system opening your tools, sending emails, reading texts, jumping to the forums and whatever you put in them -- a little demo of that is in the CokeMachine script via the SS3 area in the private forum too)

Edited:
    If you configure your profile in the forums to "autologin" or stay always logged in and enable the necessary cookie for that, you never have to login or type passwords, just click the URL (or button in the script) and you just jump in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.