Allowed Privileges

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Access Denied, Dec 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Do I need to allow any privileges to the ones I have selected, ie AV, Firewall, TDS-3?

lsass.exe tries to gain write access to TDS-3. Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot DCS. ;)

2. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

lsass.exe should be given FULL allow access. It should also have the default 4 flags blocked.

You don't need to give any other programs allow privilies unless they need them to work and you trust those programs. :)

-Jason-

3. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

Actually, I give EVERY program that shows up in the log window allowed privileges

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Allow access is only needed if something wants access to a PROTECTED process. Since those are going to be known trusted processes, adding allow for them is fine (Dolf :D)

Or not adding it is fine too, its a matter of what log alerts you are receiving and how much you want PG to be quiet :) I have it running on my mums machine for example and in 3 days not a single peep from anything in the log window. Truly set and forget, and safe knowing nothing in the firewall ruleset will be compromised, and the AV can continue to do its job too :)

5. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

This place just rocks! :D Thanx alot :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.