Allow Flags

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Dazed_and_Confused, Jun 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

When installing PG, the program will automatically add a number of programs to the protected list. For some of these programs it will automatically enable allow flags as well as other options. I found it strange that when it automatically assigned allow flags to these programs, it checked every allow flag. I was thining that some processes might need a few of the allow flags, while others would need a different combination of allow flags, as opposed to all needing all allow flags. Was PG correct to check all of these allow flags?

Just to test it, I've turned each of these allow flags to OFF (unchecked). Now waiting to see what shows up in the PG log.

P.S. It's very interesting and educational to see how the various processes interact with others via the PG log. :D

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Dazed_and_Confused

Me thinks you will have the Gray PG and RedX soon.

I set the ones you are talking about as in this post by Pilli:- #3
    And have not had a RedX since.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Yes, agree with TheQuest [hi mate :) ] I left any original setting PG installed with as is. did not change.

I thought if that was how DCS designated the PG default install for basic windows files, then that was fine by me.

Cheers, TAS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.