Allow access to ERA only for machines in domain

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by TySu, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TySu

TySu Registered Member

Hi,
    Is it possible to set up a policy that will reject machines that are not in domain? I have set of machines that aren't in domain and I do not want them to be able to use license from server.

I've tried to set up a policy that have a condition with domain names but that doesn't seem to work.

2. DrewD

DrewD Eset Staff Account

If your main goal is to protect your ESET license, then you can just send an ESET Remote Administrator Configuration Task that will remove the VSD update information from the client, so that it will be set to "Choose automatically" but not have an ESET username, or password.

You can also tell the antivirus client not to connect to ERA as well, and then you can delete the client record to recover the seat in your ESET license.

Here is some basic information regarding how to setup an ERA Configuration Task:

How do I push out .xml configurations to client computers on the network?

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2204

3. TySu

TySu Registered Member

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll try to make use of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.