All the protected files and cookies

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mglatt, Jul 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mglatt

mglatt Registered Member

Is there any way to get rid of the files and cookies that are checked in protection in Spy Blaster? There are so many of them and it seems that the same ones keep showing. ie: I would like to clear that box out.
    Thanks

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hello mglatt,

Are you saying you don't want the protection for all the items in SpywareBlaster, and that you want to deinstall it? If so, run SpywareBlaster, press the button [Deselect All], then hit the button [Remove Protection for Unchecked Items]. Once you've done this, the protection is removed on all items, and your system is pretty much as it was before SpywareBlaster was installed. You could then deinstall SpywareBlaster.

When I read your question, however, it sounds like you might simply be wondering why there are so many items, and why they show every time you run the program. That is normal. SpywareBlaster protects your system from over 500 specific items. The list you see are the items you are being protected against, not a list of items that are actually infecting your system. So naturally, every time you run SpywareBlaster, you are going to see the same items - they are still in SpywareBlasters database of spyware items.

As for "clearing out the box"... If you running the latest version of SpywareBlaster, v2.6, which was released only a couple weeks ago, it has a new feature such that after running the check for updates, if a new update is downloaded, when SpywareBlaster refreshes, it only shows the unchecked items. So, if 9 items are added in a new update, and you had all the old items checked before, then after the update just those new 9 will show in the box. At this point you'd simply check all those 9 items and hit the [Protect Against Checked Items] to gain the protection for those items, too.

Did this answer your question?

3. mglatt

mglatt Registered Member

Thank you, that does answer my question. I thought that these were files that were on my computer. So nice for you to respond.

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Sounds good mglatt. :cool:

By the way, welcome to the forum! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Wishes,
    LowWaterMark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.