All Seeing Eye

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by GARGPR, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GARGPR

GARGPR Registered Member

Hello: I recently installed All Seeing Eye on my Windows XP computer. Today it started to notify me through surveillance alerts that various unauthenticated drivers were loaded. The drivers are as follows: hidusb.sys, hidclass.sys, hidparse.sys, usbscan.sys, usbccgp.sys, and ubsprint.sys. I did a google search and found out that most of these drivers are for Windows 95 & 98, if I'm not mistaken.

Could someone please help me decide if I should allow All Seeing Eye to authenticate these drivers. Thank you in advance.

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Hi GARGPR,

I run a WinXP Pro SP2 computer, and all of the above drivers are System Files located in C:\Windows\system32\drivers folder. My guess is that they are loaded in case compatibility mode of execution is selected to run any Win95/98 applications.

Check the dates in that folder with other files - should be created about the same date as others or earlier.

You could always upload each driver to check for an infection here:
    http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus

If everything checksout ok, authenticate.

-- Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.