All images are corrupt :-(

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by davidkistner, Oct 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ererce

ererce Registered Member

Hi Alexey,

It is nothing to be sorry about. It is not personal, but it is just my general comment about Acronis' way of doing support.
    I am sure that it is a hard job to monitor this forum and probably this is just a part of your job. If you want to understand my personal view about Acronis support (please free to forward it to Customer Service department) is:
    1. Poor response/slow response on the forum and on request sent by form. I had to wait 1 day prior I received automated response (with acknowledgment of the email) and another 2 days to receive any update about the problem (that someone at least has looked at it).
    2. I would like to see that in such cases as launching a new product (not yet fully tested and validated) there will be more support resources responsible to monitor support queue and the forum. Frustration of customers is a very bad thing and it may be difficult to regain a trust for a new product. At least I and I am sure some others customers will think twice prior to purchase upgrade to version 10.
    3. Basic issues like corrupted images should be picked up during Quality Assurance phase at your organization. I have not seen a beta product at all, just released one and re-released for couple of times during last days. Response in this case asking for use a latest version of the product was weird for me, as many of the forum members has submitted info about using latest build.
    4. Last but not least, I would like to get formal response from Acronis, what company will do to avoid such slip-ups in the future. What are the actions taken.

Thank you very much Alexey for your hard work on the forum and your patience.

Best regards,

Robert

2. davidkistner

davidkistner Registered Member

Thanks. You guys have been great & I deeply appreciated the email this morning announcing the fix. Thanks for all that you do.

- David Kistner

p.s. I guess that ends this thread (for me anyway)

3. mathfaster

mathfaster Guest

I would like to know the nature of the problem. If it was some esoteric problem then I'm likely to be somewhat forgiving. If it was a plain vanilla issue that came about because testing was minimal, then my response is likely to be fairly harsh. 28 years (Apple II) after the introduction of the consumer PC, the level of expectations has changed.

4. sanoran

sanoran Guest

just a thought..... a bad cd burner ?

5. davidkistner

davidkistner Registered Member

Hey, I downloaded the new build and everything works great now that I'm using build 2289. It is working perfectly for me now (and fast).

When everything is working correctly, this software is really slick. Twice in the past, with earlier versions, it's been a nice "safety net" when I trashed drives (once on a Linux server that would have taken me days of painful toil to reconfigure correctly without the Acronis image). It's a HUGE feeling of relief to restore that .tib image and see the computer come back to life. Thanks for the EXCELLENT support and quick fix.

- David Kistner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.