All email is now plain text.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Access Denied, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Is anyone else experiencing this in Outlook 2007 in the new beta 1b? I have no pictures in email at all. HTML is coming out as plain text. Its like I don't have the ability to receive HTML, but I actually did until I installed ESS. o_O

EDIT> removing ESS did not fix. Will post back if I find culprit.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  2. Chappy

Chappy Registered Member

Make sure your setting to "Show HTML in Message Body" was not toggled off for some reason, and is still off after uninstalling ESS.

I don't use Outlook so I can't point you to the exact location of the setting, as you know it's in your preferrences somewhere ;)

I use Eudora and have not seen this setting get toggled Off with 1a or ib.

3. Access Denied

I still can't get any html to show other than links which makes me think it has something to do with AntiSpam or Outlook's Junk filter which I have checked and nothing has changed. I am thinking I will wait until I get a new email that has HTML in it before I say this is broken, since all the emails I have were received by ESS before I removed it. I will post back, but it may be tomorrow since I don't get very much HTML mail in Outlook.

4. Chappy

Chappy Registered Member

Ok, hope you can get a bit more info on this for us.
    I could email you some HTML messages if you wish, all clean of course, but it will help speed up the process for you.
    PM me with your addy if you want to try that, I'll email a few HTML's to you and when we're done I'll eliminate all traces of your addy if you wish.

Dave

5. Access Denied

Thanks for the offer Chappy, but no need. I archive all my emails using a backup tool and the HTML is showing in the ones that have it. It seems to only be a bug for ESS with antispam on. I'll stick with NOD 32 until beta 2 hits and try again. I was really going nuts with the maximized email crashing when closed also, but I knew that before I installed it. :D

Thanks again for the help.

I am running incase anyone else was about to install beta 1b and wanted to know:

Vista Business :thumb:
    Office 2007

6. Chappy

Chappy Registered Member

NP Eliot...that's what we're all here for is to help Eset and each other!
    So far my freeze-ups causing me to hard reboot have not happened anymore (6 times!! read the thread on shell crashes if you want)
    But it still hangs for a long time on that know threat. It's a hack tool and not maliscious so I keep it around and move it from drive to drive now for testing, and the Auto scans hang precariously when it hits that spot. All the times my freeze-ups happened, I was trying to do things like move the scan to background/foreground when the thing froze up, so I'm gonna try some more of that later to see if that's what caused it for me.

Keep up the good work bud!

Dave

7. JeremyWW

JeremyWW Registered Member

A bug? I'm running Office 2007 and my HTML e-mails are coming in fine...and I have anti-spam turned on.

8. Access Denied

What did you do with your Outlook junk email settings when you installed ESS and what are the junk settings before/after. Please. Thank you

9. JeremyWW

Outlook junk mail turned off. ESS - default settings.

10. Access Denied

I have a 3 day weekend to muck with it again. Thanks. I think I'll try it out again and make sure I turn off junk in Outlook and close it before install. Thank you JeremyWW.

11. Access Denied

Now all HTML is showing after a reinstall. :blink:

12. JeremyWW

Glad it worked... :D

13. Chappy

Chappy Registered Member

WTG Eliot!

Must be one of those silly Beta Gremlins, and you squarshed him with the reinstall....eeewwwww...what a mess now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.