Alignment questions

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by guardian4741, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guardian4741

guardian4741 Registered Member

Firstly, I have just used Paragon Alignment Tool and it worked great to align the partition to 4K on my SSD. Performance increased etc.

It just so happens that I want to create a second partition to install another operating system. I figure I should use the Create New Partition Wizard for this job by the way, correct me if I'm wrong. My question is, after I use Create New Partition Wizard to create this second partition, will the partition(s) need alignment again? The user interface doesn't seem to indicate where the first partition is relative to the physical disk (SSD).

Hypothetically, if I used the Resize Partition method as part of a two step process to do this job, again I ask, is the partition aligned automatically? I would have thought that since I have no intention of changing the starting position of the partition, the program would leave it alone. But again, the user interface doesn't make this clear, especially given the fact that the interface asks how much free space you want to leave before the partition. If you can set this to any value you want, doesn't that mean you can create a bad alignment?

I hope my post does a few things: give me confidence that I can go ahead and create a new partition correctly, as well as stir you to consider making the answers to these questions clearer by improving documentation, tooltip help, etc.

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

I haven't used the alignment tool for that.

Pretty sure it would be fine. Paragon apps. since version 11 align a new partition to 4 times the virtual sectors by default.

3. Paragon_MA

Paragon_MA Paragon Moderator

If you go into Tools - Settings - General and see there Offset then yes, the partition will be created aligned already.
    But you create it with Windows disk management (Win 7) then you do not need to use any alignment tool because it will have proper offset already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.