Airport Extreme Trouble

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by heydavid, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heydavid

heydavid Registered Member

Is there something with my eset settings that would cause my airport extreme router to malfunction?

2. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

Not really, what kind or problems are you experiencing?

3. heydavid

heydavid Registered Member

All kinds of goofiness - I suppose the router must be broken, but I did wonder if it might be a firewall issue. I have two desktops connected to the router by ethernet. . .internet will only work on one machine at a time (if I unplug/replug the router, the other computer will work). Wireless isn't working either. The router isn't recognizing the DNS server/IP address, which is not remedied by renewing the IP or installing the router updates from apple.

Hopefully they'll give me a replacement router and that will get me running again!

4. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

Have you plugged your internet connection in the LAN side instead of into the WAN side by accident? This kinda sounds like something like that :).

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Generally speaking, when I come across an issue as non-specific as that, I try to troubleshoot everything by installing the latest firmware on the router and resetting it to its default state, and installing the latest network drivers on the PCs and resetting their network connections to their default states. if that works, I begin changing settings one-at-a-time until I isolate the incompatible option.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.