AIMP v3.20 Build 1155 Released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hayc59, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

AIMP v3.20 Build 1155 Released

Whats New:
    • Common: Added an ability to view embedded Cover Art in original resolution
    • Common: Equalizer presets are now stored to the separate file on disk
    • Common: Hint for the "Part repeat A-B" button now contains information about bounds of repeating part
    • Common: The list of encodings for translating non-unicode text to UTF16 format has been supplemented
    • Common: Added ability to set path manually in "Browse Folder" dialog
    • Sound Engine: Added WASAPI Exclusive supports
    • Sound Engine: The algorithm of input file caching has been improved - now engine access to the disk less frequently
    • Sound Engine: The maximal size of cache for input file has been increased to 250 MB
    • Sound Engine: Support of meta data of Internet radio stations in ASF format has been improved
    • Radio Capture: The module uses the engine of Audio Converter now
    • Audio Converter: The "Encode All To One File" mode has been added (with / without CUE logging)
    • Audio Converter: Added an ability to shut down the computer after conversion operation
    • Audio Converter: Added an ability to change format of input audio stream
    • Audio Converter: Added an ability to use console encoders
    • Audio Converter: Added an ability to encode files to MusePack format
    • Audio Converter: Tags in the ID3v1 now are saved to the file when encoding to MP3 format
    • Scheduler: Added an ability to switch the computer to sleep mode
    • Scheduler: Added an ability to wake up the computer
    • Scheduler: Added an ability to suspend playback and / or close the player before computer shutdown
    • Scheduler: The Alert will be shown now before computer shutdown
    • Playlist: The "%!" macro has been added for an ability to implement custom sorting in reverse order
    • Skin Engine: Drawing speed has been increased
    • Audio Library: Incremental search has been added to the dropdown list of the filter of table column
    • Audio Library: Added an ability to flush search query easier
    • Advanced Tag Editor: Added an ability to choose tag format for which the changes will be saved
    • Advanced Tag Editor: Added an ability to edit tags in M4A format
    • Plugins: Ogg Vorbis Encoder has been updated to v1.3.3
    • Plugins: Decoder for OPUS format has been added

Download: AIMP v3.20
    Changelog: AIMP

2. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

thanks a lot dawg! this is my favorite player! beats all with its high quality MP3 playback out of the box!

3. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Thats a fact Jack! ;) and you are very welcome

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I expect we all have our favorite players. I used Winamp for a while, also Quintessential Media Player and Xion. I was often looking for players with better skins, lower CPU usage or better compatibility. Most of that seems irrelevant now as even Windows Media Player handles most everything. So I'm leading up to asking what does AIMP offer over all the competition?

5. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

Most modern players will play MP3 files efficiently, so this high quality you're touting is most likely placebo.

6. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

not very true. I said out of the box. I mean I know you can achieve the same results with foobar but you need to get custom equalizers. With Winamp or AIMP the built in equalizer settings are awesome

7. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

Equalizers are only useful for sub-par sounding speakers with lack in specific sound frequencies. When you have studio monitors with a linear sound reproduction or a HiFi system it won't make an improvement at all.

8. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Yes, if you're in a reasonably neutral and quiet environment. Equalizers can be helpful when you have to counteract noise.

9. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

You should be using closed type headphones with good isolation in such cases, instead of barely "patching things up" with equalizers. :)

10. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

Ah. When you said "out of the box", I thought you meant files sound better played on a vanilla install, not once you'd applied your custom EQ settings.

11. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

12. mantra

mantra Registered Member

AIMP v3.20 Build 1165
    Changes
    but even this is a minor update , i don't know how can i send many albums from the album list to the player (to the player play list o_O o_O )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.