ai~ even Appdefend can't defend the disk bomb...

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by crazy4stef, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

What does it mean?

2. ChanWai

ChanWai Registered Member

tiny has no rule against that.maybe it can block this killdisk added extra rule about this.

3. Henk1

Henk1 Registered Member

Track 'n Reverse does not prevent anything.
    To get the protection you want, you have to do the following.
    In Devices Control:
    - check Turn on devices protection
    - check Dangerous Disk Control
    - reboot (required to apply changes)

Now KillDisk should not be able to mess up the Partition Table, if you select Run with default security.

4. Rivalen

Rivalen Registered Member

DefenseWall 1.56 stops Killdisk from damaging your PC according to Ilya.

1.56 is not released yet but their is a link to a pre-release 1.56 version on SoftSphere forum.

Why 1.55 didnt stop it I dont know.

Best Regards

5. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

In case you haven't noticed..........this is the AppDefend forum!

what rates does Ilya pay your for going to other vendors forums and post yet another spam-post about this little used program btw?

6. Rivalen

I search Wilders for "HIPS" to read about HIPS and this thread comes up and the first post and other posts in this thread are about different HIPS.

The thread starter seems to be interested in software that stops Killdisk - lots of software is mentioned.

So I mentioned the unmentionable software and also I indicated a question about previous versions failiure to stop Killdisk - which I was negatively suprised over.

To insinuate that I am payed for writing about the softawre I use is simply a huge mistake and a quite insulting - but as you say "errare humanum est" - and too many people judge others behavoiur from how they themselves live their lives or would be prepared to live it. So maybe your conclusion isnt so far fetchted (sorry, couldnt hold my self back there).

Hope you - and others - spend as much time on everybody else who write here about the software they use - if not - what is to be suspected - if we go along with your thinking - who pays you? Honestly I dont believe that you are representing interests of competing software vendors. Wrote it just to show what twisted line of presumption such basic values can lead to.

With this post I promise you - and others - I will not write any more posts at Wilders - hope that will make you and some of the others happy - to me reading and writing at Wilders is not important - its just been educational and fun.

Best Regards

7. Don Pelotas

I'm sorry to have hurt your feelings, it was made in jest and i didn't mean it litterally, but posting/suggesting to use another competing product in a particular vendors forum when it is not asked for is, well............i could understand if this was in one of the "neutral" forums here at Wilders. :)

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi! I don,t think u can say like this. Why u did not asked the people who were discussing Tiny etc.

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I'll ask that you Please reconsider.

I'll also make a general comment to no one in particular that this thread is indeed in the AppDefend Forum. It is also riddled with numerous mentions of other products in regards to whether they can or can not stop killdisk.
    As most regular posters to Wilders know....the Wilders Team does try to keep the dedicated forums free as possible from OT discussions of competing products in a dedicated Program Forum. However....in certain instances threads can enter a grey area which IMHO this thread has been allowed to do.

Having said that....I ask that we try to stay focused on the fact that this is the AppDefend Forum and attempt to pull this thread back toward an AppDefend support thread.

Regards,
    Bubba

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

U should continue I will say.

11. Don Pelotas

Yes, i think so too, no reason to stop because of my post!

12. Rivalen

So one more post.

This has nothing to do with me - really - I posted - I am in the debate - my feelings are not so easily hurt by a person who dont know me.

Don Pelotas - a sincere and experienced Wilders poster - if you want to put records strait - dont think about me - there is a third party person you should consider. I dont know him - and from your presumptions I guess you dont know him.

Maybe I am too old fashioned?

Best Regards

13. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

You talking about Mr Blobby ?! :D Muhahahaha.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.