Agent.OGD infection

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by keithaw1, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithaw1

keithaw1 Registered Member

First--Computer started acting funny while listening to Internet Radio. Running ESET NOD32 Antivirus which popped up with olmarik.FT Virus. Ran the ESET Scan and it said it fixed all except the Win32/Agent.ODG Virus which is in Operating Memory. Please help me get rid of this nasty, evil Virus.
    Second--I restarted in Safe Mode and ran a Scan with the ESET which opened in a Command Window and ran like an old DOS program. I downloaded MBAM and installed it, but it will not run. I figured it would not run because of being in Safe Mode, so I rebooted normally and it still will not run. I am in the process of another ESET Scal, this time at the strictest levels. Any ideas why MBAM will not runo_O
    Third--The last ESET Scan has finished with no problem(s) found. But, there are still problems. One of the things it was doing, and still is, when I use Google Search or a Search box like a search box on MSN, it just returns with a blank screen. AND....for some reason Radio Stations play over my speakers without going to any Internet Radio Stations, all by themselves...........What the Heck is up with thiso_O I still can not run MBAM. When I try the hour glass comes up for a couplke of seconds and then nothing, but if I pull up Task Manager and look at Processes, it shows MBAM running, but with 0% CPU usage. HELP...............

Now--Ram the Sysrecovery this Monday morning and it foune 6 items and was fixed. Noe I can run MBAM and it is finding more. The computer seems to be running much better, but I am afraid the culprit has not been fully found and cleaned. What can I do from hereo_O

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you created and looked at a log from ESET SysInspector? By moving the slider to "Unknown (Risk level 4-6)" you should reveal a couple of suspicious files out of which some may be malicious. If you are able to identify malicious files yourself, move them to a different folder on your disk (e.g. to c:\viruses) and restart the computer. Eventually send all the suspicious files from that folder in an archive protected with the password "infected" to samples[at]eset.com. If you're not able to analyse the log yourself, submit a customer care request from within the program which will allow you to create and attach an ESI log automatically.

3. keithaw1

keithaw1 Registered Member

I just posted the LOG......I hope I did it correctly.....Case #262240

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.