Again no joy here! V3.0.669.0

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Marsman, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marsman

Marsman Registered Member

I’m running WinXP SP3 and last night I tried installing the latest ESET NOD32 Antivirus V3.0.669.0 however once again I got the system freeze, lockup and task manager’s performance indicating 100% CPU Usage.

This has been an ongoing issue since updating from ESET NOD32 Antivirus V2.70.39 with the exception being V3.0.650.0. I’ve tried every update after V3.0.650.0 but to no avail, same issue every time i.e. system freeze, lockup & 90-100% CPU Usage shown. My system runs perfectly when NOD32 is completely uninstalled or if I’m running the earlier V3.0.650.0.

On each update I first tried updating and installing over top of V3.0.650.0 when this didn’t work I did a complete uninstall and fresh install. On the fresh installs I first uninstalled using NOD32’s uninstaller and other times I’ve elected to use Revo Uninstaller V1.71 and each time I also confirmed all files were deleted as per the Wilder’s forum threads e.g. "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus" directory

All open apps including taskbar resident running apps were closed and shut down prior to each update or fresh install e.g. Comodo Firwall Pro V2.4.18.184, Comodo BOClean V4.27, WinPatrol V15.5.2008.0 etc.

I’ve been a very satisfied NOD32 user for about 8 years but never have I experienced this kind of ongoing NOD32 product update issue. I believe myself to be fairly computer savvy and patient however my existing license expires 10/28/2008 and I’m a little tired of spending so much time and effort trying to update this product.

I would like to be using the most current V3.0.699.0 so any suggestions would be appreciated. Is there one thread or ESET web link that covers V3 updating issues and the necessary steps to remedy the problems some users seem to be experiencing.

Cheers,
    Marsman :rolleyes:

2. element119

element119 Registered Member

.650 here too. till they come up with a new version that works.

3. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

You can try this link:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=207359

4. Marsman

Marsman Registered Member

Thankful, I appreciate the thread but it's one I've perused several times earlier. There seems to be several similar NOD32 threads posted here and elsewhere with varies solutions and results. Many Vista /XP users seem to have no issue while several of us have the issues I described earlier.

I've wasted many hours uninstalling, reinstalling, fiddling with settings and following varies NOD32 threads. So for now, I'm going to once again give this a rest and sit tight until I hear that ESET has a version that can upgraded with a minimum hassle and time investment.

These past few months I've invested more time trying to upgrade my AV than I've spent on any of my other security apps and including OS upgrades.

Hopefully ESET will get back on track sooner than later and finally get these NOD32 upgrades working as they should.

Cheers,
    Marsman :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.