Again Error E00070020 - Image Corrupt

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by P1na, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P1na

P1na Registered Member

I installed the current release of ATI 9 Home under WinXP SP2. While making my first Image under WinXP I got this error just after verifing has started. After rebooting and starting the verify again everything was OK.

For some stupid reasons I had to use my rescue disk (RD) - I had made before - to play the image back. But I still get that error. I figured out that If I use full (and not safe) config of my RD and the Intel ICH8R controller was set to native SATA support ATI doesent recognize any HDD's which is not the case under XP. And since the ATA controller is realized with the JMicron JMB363 SATA adapter on my GA-965P-DQ6 I need to turn it on (but only IDE support becuz AHCI seems to cause extra trouble with ATI).

If I choose save config (RD) and legacy SATA support for ICH8R (BIOS) my HDD's are recognized and the recovering starts but again I get that f***ing corrupt error. The Image I used 1st was an incremental backup (1 full + 1 incr.). Then I tried an older one (only 1 full backup) and it works. Then I checked that incr. image (that one that failed by using RD) again under XP and ATI said it's OK?!

Know I was able to use that incr. image to recover my current backup using my 2nd fresh XP64bit installation (which could not boot without having XP32 installed on myactive partition).

Can anybody explain me whats going on here? Does ATI have an issue with ICH8R and/or JMB363 oris it my fault? Any ideas? More infos needed?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello P1na,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please be aware that, as it is mentioned in section 5.3.8 of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide, "the Safe version does not have USB, PC card or SCSI drivers and is useful only in case the Full version does not load".

As for the problem you experience, please make sure you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall the previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3677.

Note that you should create a new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then please inform us about the results of the following tests:

- Perform a memory test using the memtest86+ utility;

- Create new full backup within Windows and then validate it both within Windows and using the Full version of Bootable Rescue CD;

- Create new full backup using the Full version of Bootable Rescue CD and then validate it both within Windows and using the Full version of Bootable Rescue CD;

- Try saving backups to any other location (e.g. any other internal, external or networked drive) and then validate them both within Windows and using Bootable Rescue CD;

- Try moving\copying large files, e.g. disk\partition images created by Acronis True Image, between the hard drives installed in your computer and comparing their checksums calculated using eXpress CheckSum Calculator before and after the files are moved\copied.

Please also provide us with the following information:

- Let us know where you store your backups;

- What operating system is installed on your computer?

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.