Again about exec protection...

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Guakamole, Dec 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guakamole

Guakamole Guest

After I installed exec protection my computer crashed - there was conflict with the laptop's hot-key service and everything just froze, then coming back to normal after I had removed the exec protection. I'm using XP Pro SP2 and also have NAV2005 installed, just to mention the first 'conflict-prone' software coming to mind when I think about the possible causes. Has anyone experienced the same problem?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Guakamole & welcome, I have seen no other reports of this nature, Execution Protection hooks programs as they open to ensure that they are clean before starting, I have no idea why a hot key service might cause this problem.
    If this service is causing the problem then it may be worth while adding the hot key program folder (if such exists) to TDS3's exclusion list using TDS Scan control - Exclusions.

HTH Pilli

3. Guakamole

Guakamole Guest

Hello again and thanks for trying to help. I tried to install the execution protection again and what I got was a popup window with the following error message: 'Run Once Wrapper has encountered a problem and needs to close.' After that my computer froze again, so that I had to remove the exec protection again. What could all this mean?

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Are you trying to run TDS3 from an account other than the one it was installed into? i.e. TDS3 must be installed in an account with adminisrative privileges. To use from another account you need to use XP's "Run as" feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.