After update to 4.2.58 file server is crippled

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by spongecat, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spongecat

spongecat Registered Member

2 days ago I updated to 4.2.58 and all hell broke loose. File server became completely useless, I get all the symptoms described in this Microsoft article
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822219
    Client computers are fine, but any time there is an operation on remote files, network lag is worse than on 56k modem. Our ERP software is running of the file share, also all user settings, documents and applications settings are redirected to file server. So this behavior renders our network useless. Everything worked fine on 4.2.40. After removing nod32 from file server everything is back to normal. Anyone else experienced similar issues?

2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

did you do this?

3. Geosoft

Geosoft Registered Member

On top of what nonoise has recommended, it might be worthwhile to also exclude any database files you have on the server as well.

4. spongecat

Yes, I did.
    None of the settings helped. Settings shouldn't be the issue here as older versions have worked just fine with exactly the same settings.
    And I can't find 4.2.40 anymore. Microsoft describes it as kernel mode filter driver issue and it's affecting server service.

5. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

When you installed the latest build did you install over the top of the previous installation? If you did then try an uninstall and then re-install the new version. Also as stated before you will want to ensure that you are following the reccomended server settings. As well as Microsoft's recommendations for Antivirus software running on a server OS. After that if you are still having issues I would recommend putting in a case with ESET Customer Care.

-Tom

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I've been fiddling around DFS replication between two Win2008 R2 servers with EAV 4.2.58 installed on both and didn't find any problems.

7. spongecat

I have a case with eset. But all I get is settings recommendation. And my problem still exist.
    And I did uninstall and did clean installation. Same results.

8. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

Someone will contact you shortly.

Cheers,
    -Tom

9. rpremuz

rpremuz Registered Member

10. spongecat

Yeah, that seem exactly like my issue.
    I was contacted by Eset and they send me earlier version. I'll do more testing with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.