After restore, same error.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Papa Ray, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Papa Ray

Papa Ray Guest

I have had Acronis TI-Version 7-build 597 installed for about 10 months. Sat. my system got the blue screen stop 0x0000007e,0xc0000005 (plus remaining error parameters. No mention of drivers or other error info.

I checked my device manager> system and all is good.

After trying several things such as running chkdsk /r and memory tests for hours, with no errors reported and also with no success in fixing the stop error, I decided to restore my Acronis image that it had made about 3 months ago.

I restored it successfully (it said) but when it rebooted I still have the same blue screen stop error.

Any Ideas, suggestions or wild ass guesses will be appriciated.

Papa Ray

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Papa Ray

A quick search turn these up:- 0x0000007e and 0xc0000005

Should try it some day.[searching :eek: ]

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

I beleive that this will resolve down to a hardware error. Try disconnecting everything possible, especially USB stuff. If that does not help, you might try removing any non-essential cards such as your sound card. Let us know what happens.

4. crsgardner

crsgardner Registered Member

I recently ran into a similar problem and it turned out to be a kernel-level device driver (in my case, Symantec Corporate Antivirus 8.0). XP SP 2 REALLY doesn't like low-level stuff, so be sure to double-check for things like that. I pulled my hair out thinking it was a bad stick of RAM, corrupt image, etc., when it turned out to be one service doing something it wasn't supposed to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.