After licence renewal I received a licence valid to -today-.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Eagle Creek, May 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eagle Creek

Eagle Creek Global Moderator

Hi,

I just renewed one of my NOD32 licences for 3 years and 2 PC's. Within a minute I received an e-mail from ESET contaning my licence information. However, when updating it says the logon name is refused.

When I took a better look at the e-mail I've noticed the licence is valid untill 05/17/2009. So basically I paid for 2 computers and 3 years to have literally nothing in return :D .

Obviously some sort of mistake has been made. Please help out :).

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This has been discussed here several times ;) There are 2 ways how to order a license renewal, each distributor prefers a different system or combination of both.

1, a new username and password is generated and is valid from the moment of creation. The shortcoming is that you have to enter the license information to the program each time you renew the license.

2, your current license is extended by the relevant period (1/2 years) and your username and password is retained. In this case, it may take up to 24 hours (in rare cases a bit more) for the license to become valid. Hence this system is used mainly if a user purchases a renewal a couple of days before their license is due.

If your license renewal was done using the latter system, I can create a temporary license for you that you can use during the next 1-2 days until your current license becomes active.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If the email letter itself says the license is valid until XX/YY/2009 , this should mean that it is actually invalid now and nothing will automatically change it .

Because Eagle Creek writes about the email , not about the NOD32 license check option in the program

If this is the case , somebody from ESET will need the username/password to extend their validity and correct the mistake.

4. Eagle Creek

Indeed: I received an e-mail with my old licence and its valid to yesterday.
    I also sent an e-mail about it to NOD32 Nederland because thats where I purchased it. The reason I made this post is because the e-mail I got came from eset.sk :).

Keep you posted.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi!

Emails re. licenses come from noreply@eset.sk

However , the distributor is the one who must fix it for you :thumb:

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please PM me your username, hope we'll be able to sort it out quickly.

7. Eagle Creek

I thought I already had replied in this thread, sorry :'( .

As I said I sent an e-mail to my local distributor. They fixed the problem for me. Although I already thought this would be the correct procedure, I made this post because the distributor only works at office hours and internet is opened 24/7.

Thanks for the replies :)!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.