After installation the file "trueimage.exe" not found

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RknRusty, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Re: IT'S WORKING NOW

If you're in the market to buy an external drive, this information may be of assistance.

Instead Of buying a standard retail external drive, consider buying a combination item. Which is, buy an external enclosure only (without the drive) and buy a new internal disk separately for insertion into the enclosure.

For ease of use, I recently purchased a SATA docking unit. This is a combination USB & eSATA external device. The unit will accept either 2.5 & 3.5 size SATA disks and the disk easily drops into the unit. No screws or cover needed. When in use, the raw disk protrudes out from the unit and makes switching/alternating different disks every easy. I alternate the disk used inside the docking unit.

This particular model is a dual function unit. The unit can be connected to the computer either as a normal USB unit; or,can be attached via a an existing (if available) eSATA connector. The unit includes an adapter plate which can connect to a internal SATA MB connector on a desktop computer. This connector enables the unit to connect to the computer as an eSata unit which has a faster transfer rate than USB. This particular docking unit accepts SATA only drives.

Because of the included rear plate eSata adapter and the 2 year warranty, this unit costs a little more than some with lesser features. I have used mine for 6 months and it has worked very well. For disks, I prefer to buy Seagate brand harddrive due to their 5 yr warranty. Total cost for both docking unit and a 500GB Sata disk should be slightly less than $100. If you buy the standard retail external usb unit, the drives are not removable and opening the case can void the warranty which is another reason why I like to buy the components as individual items.

My unit is: Thermaltake ST0005U BlacX 2.5/3.5 Hard Drive Dock - SATA to USB and eSATA (T925-1252)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153071

Try other vendors for a better price on the docking unit. Some offer free shipping and better pricing if you buy the enclosure and the separate drive as a single purchase.

The docking unit can also be purchased as a USB unit only (without the eSata option); and is also available as a USB unit that includes a 4 port usb hub

USB docking unit with & 4port hub
    http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?S=1268&ID=1643

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.