After a snooze-worthy 2014, PCs will perk up with new features next year

Discussion in 'hardware' started by ronjor, Dec 29, 2014.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/5-computing-trends-to-expect-in-2015/

2. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Screw shiny new features/toys. What they need to do is go back to the basics and simplify things... remember what made Windows good to begin with. You'd have thought that they'd have learned their lesson with Windows 8, but I guess not.

Stop tying bloated, vulnerable services/processes into the essential functionality of the OS. Adding things like UAC and an outbound FW is just painting over rust... make the OS more secure from the inside out by limiting attack surface instead.

But then again I think that ship sailed now that they're in bed with 3 letter agencies.

3. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

EH? NSA, CIA and FBI!

4. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Yup... those would be among them alright.

5. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

A ship most probably torpedoed and now resting at the bottom Davy Jones' Locker.

6. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I would certainly love to see more powerful "small factor" desktops. I purchased a Acer Predator last month and I was thinking, why does it have to be so big? It's not sexy, know what I mean? I'm thinking about buying the Asus ROG G20AJ, just for fun, but it's not yet available over here.

http://www.asus.com/us/Desktops/ROG_G20AJ/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.