Adwatch OR spybot tea timer

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by hadi, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hadi

hadi Guest

Or none of them. thanks

2. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

None, i dont like and i dont use them.

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I agree - I stopped using ad-watch and would not install it again even though I paid for the software. I didn't like TeaTimer when it was first released and did not install it this time with the new version.

I am running RegDefend which I really do like plus a few other alert guards but RegDefend is the one I would recommend as mush better than Ad-watch/Teatimer.

4. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

I paid for the software and im very sorry as it not offers much more than the free version. Adwatch is not smt special, i dont like it.

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Same here...

Ad-watch use some resources and doesn't protect us very well...
    TeaTimer doesn't be configurable...

So try to use the on-access scanner of CounterSpy, Microsoft AntiSpyware or SpySweeper... ;)

6. Togg

Togg Registered Member

Due to lack of system resources on my old '98 computer (and of funds to do anything about it!), I found I couldn't run either. I certainly can't run SpySweeper in 'real time' but, as I got it half price with a free upgrade to Window Washer, I don't mind.

My anti trojan monitors my Registry, and I have another program called Startup Monitor which does exactly what its name suggests.

7. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Tried them both. Ended up using RegDefend along with the extensions (Tony's and Kent's) that are available on the RegDefend forum.

Rich

8. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I forgot to mention the excellent, very easy to use, and free WinPatrol :D

9. muf

muf Registered Member

Well i'm going to buck the trend. I like Ad-Watch. I use it on a 4+ year old Win ME system and it runs sweet. It provides some good protection against registry changes and startups plus spyware cookies. Spy Sweeper resident is too much and my system is brought to it's knee's. Teatimer i like but is not as good as Ad-Watch. Winpatrol is way overrated. Just what does it protect you against? I ran it and it only ever seemed to tell me about new startups. The cookie monitor is horrible! Say no to it allowing a cookie and it keeps asking you(i had it set to monitor every 1 minute and it kept asking me about the same cookie every 1 minute). Binned it, i had to for my sanity.

muf

10. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Another option is RegRun's Watchdog. I run it on my WinME partition. Very light. Very configurable. Good protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.