Adware Removal Tool new adware remover like AdwCleaner

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by roger_m, Sep 24, 2014.

1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I just came accross this fairly new program to remove unwanted adware. The program's interface is pretty similar to AdwCleaner.
    As with AdwCleaner there were some items found that I wanted to keep. It suffers from the same limitation of AdwCleaner whereby you can only de-select found traces one by one - there is no option to de-select every entry for a particular program detected in one go. I consider this to be a major limitation and is the reason why in time, I am probably going to write my own adware removal tool.

The website for it is here: http://www.techsupportall.com/adware-removal-tool/

2. roger_m

It did not prompt for a reboot after doing a clean up, so it seems it only does that when some traces can't be remove until Windows is restarted.

3. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

4. roger_m

This is probably a false positive. I just did a scan with VirusTotal, and that file is only detected by four scanners, with two of the detections being generic ones.

The other exe file installed, ARTP2.exe comes up clean, as does the program's installer.

5. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

That's not a heuristic hit on Eset, it's a signature hit.

6. roger_m

Yes, I know that.

7. roger_m

Adware Removal Tool v4.1 was released a few weeks ago.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.