Adware issue-can't remove

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by frateman, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frateman

frateman Registered Member

I was scanning and found E:\I386\Apps\APP20386\src\HPSummer2005.exe »WISE »s4Setp.exe - a variant of Win32/AdInstaller application
    i read the thread that someone else that found this and I tried the removel tool someone linked to. It doesn't work I get error msg. This spyware is in my partition that holds my windows restore info. I can't reformat that area to rid myself of this. How can I get rid of thiso_OHELP!!

2. pc-support

pc-support Registered Member

Judging by the path to the file I would say that this is a false positive. The HPSummer2005 file appears to be a bit of advertising by HP.

Anyone else think this?

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , can be a false positive however I have seen real threats hiding in this folder/path .

Frateman , open NOD32's Control Center -> NOD32 System Tools -> Quarantine and add this file there . Then submit it for analyze to ESET and write it can be a false positive . Also write them the path .

When it is in the quarantine , please boot in Safe Mode and remove it manually (HPSummer2005.exe)
    To boot in Safe Mode , you need to continuously hit F8 while Windows is starting , after the BIOS loads and before the Windows logo appears . Then you'll open Windows Advanced Menu and you choose Safe Mode . Wait for a second and go ahead

Download Ad-Aware SE Personal (www.lavasoftusa.com)
    Install , update and perform full scan with it and remove all the threats found.Again scan with NOD32 and that's it :D

Because of the fact the file is in the quarantine you can restore it in future if something goes wrong

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.