Adware deletions

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by nullsys, Jul 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nullsys

nullsys Registered Member

Hello,

why the adwares are deleted without confirmation? o_O

i use some appz that has been detected as adwares and deleted without ask, only and warning screen is shown (some times the file not even sent to quarentine, then i have to reinstall/redownload it :doubt: )
    -edit-
    i'm afraid to enable adware scan and important personal documents being detected and deleted :ninja:

sorry for my english

2. nullsys

topic views: 21
    answers: 0

:p

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

More info. What apps are you speaking of? Any examples?

4. nullsys

to be honest?

<Removed>

note: i buy the appz i like (when have money, of course) and if still satisfied with nod32 after the 30 days trial perior (and if the adware ignoring is implemented), i probably will buy it too.

*i can send you the appz if you want.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2005
  5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

nullsys

Those appear to be crack sites and I removed the names. I doubt if Eset will remove them.

Thanks for your honesty but Wilders doesn't want links or other info on crack sites posted here.

6. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Nullsys, how do you have NOD32 configured? Do you have it set up to detect Adware/Spyware/Riskware? There are several places to look:

AMON --> Options
    IMON --> Miscellaneous --> Scanner --> Setup
    also in the NOD32 Scanner options

7. nullsys

sorry, i only posted the app name, and dont now that there is a site with this name. btw, the 2 appz i mentioned aren't malwares (the first one i'm 100% sure, the second.. i don't put my hands in fire for it..)

when you edited my post, do you (accidentally, i think) removed the portion of post that i added after send it first time. and maybe without read it..

to be sure, i'll repeat:

most adware/spyware/riskware removers provides you the ability to choose of delete an app or nor. and more, most of these provide an option to 4ver ignore the app. an example: Messenger Plus! 3, has an OPTION to install or not the partner's appz (that are adwares and spywares), and most adware/spyware scanners found it and provides you the option to: remove, ignore (for 1 time) or always ignore (4ever).

i'm asking for these OPTION, not to ignore these crappy programs 4ever, in all nod32 customers pcs without asking. got it?

and thanks for your attention.

-edit-

with these option enabled, the 2 appz i mentioned are DELETED instantly for opening theirs folders (sometimes without making a quarentine copy), but i'm asking for a user choice to ignore the detected appz, not a nod32 "imposition" to delete them.

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

In the tray icon control center, under Amon and Imon, try to exclude those programs from being scanned.

9. nullsys

ronjor,

did you use Microsoft AntiSpyware yet? i don't need to add all my programs into a "safe list" before do a full system scan (or even just open folders).. as it find adwares, it show me choices (like NOD32 do with VIRUS): remove / health (clear) / ignore for this time / ignore 4 ever.

Nod already have it to viruses, why not implement the SAME system for ad/spy/risk wares?

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Since the detection of spyware, adware, etc., is relatively new in NOD, you could make that suggestion here.
    However, since the purpose of NOD is to detect and protect users from threats, I'm not sure how far a suggestion like this will go.
    NOD is also used by large networks. They certainly want no malware in their systems that might compromise valuable data.

11. nullsys

thanks (edit - posted: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=514011#post514011)

i think they can still pre-define to always clean (and delete if can't) viruses.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2005
  12. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Nullsys, welcome to Wilders.

Simply change your settings for Nod32 scanning and AMON to that shown in the screenshot, you will then be prompted for a response to take an appropriate action.

Cheers :D

Attached Files:

• Ask.gif
      Ask.gif
      File size:
      33 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.