Adware.Binet removal problems

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by sissymissy, Mar 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sissymissy

sissymissy Registered Member

I have Ad-Aware 6.0 and Spyware Blaster installed on my PC. NAV has detected an adware.binet and I have followed their instructions to delete registry keys etc. and could not find any of the keys to delete. The adware does not show up when I run Ad-Aware. What should I do next? The path is C:\WINDOWS\LastGood\bi.dll.

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Please follow these instructions, and post results in one and the same forum.

regards.

paul

3. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi sissymissy,

Welcome at Wilders. :)

Please leave that LastGood folder alone. That folder is only needed and used when you use the "Start Windows Using Last Known Good Configuration" feature.
    That would normally indicate you have worse problems then some spyware. Not being able to use that option could be a real pain. And that is what can happen if you remove a file from that folder (which is not very easy most of the time. )

Regards,

Pieter

4. sissymissy

sissymissy Registered Member

Thank you for the advise. Will leave the file alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.