Advice on my current setup

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by mvdu, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

My current real-time security apps are in my sig. Is it too much? Or would you substitute something? I wonder if Online Armor Free would be a better fit than Comodo with D+.

2. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

I think you're fine, and personally prefer Comodo's D+ rather than Online Armor. :thumb:

3. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

I think you could do even with less security. Your current setup is as bulletproof as it gets (for non paranoid people). I would either run Antivir or PrevX edge if i were you (not both), but since you paid for them and they get along nice together, well, keep them both!

4. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

with that setup since u have defensewall you wouldnt need prevx edge, but if uve already paid for it, then y not.

5. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

IMO comodo D+ prevx Edge and Defensewall seems a bit much but if they do not clash with each other then hey to each there own.

6. 3xist

3xist Guest

Just seeing your signature...

You can survive without DefenseWall & Prevx if you have D+. If your using the latest CIS 3.5, To activate the full power of Defense+ again like CFP 3.0, It's as simple as right clicking the system tray icon and choosing Configuration>COMODO - Proactive Security.

7. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Since I paid for Prevx and DefenseWall, they would go with Comodo's D+, right? Or should I substitute something else?

8. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

Honestly, from what I've been reading in these forums lately, I would lose the D+.
    You've got a lot of good protection with Avira, Defensewall and Edge.
    Hugger

9. 3xist

3xist Guest

If you paid for them (sorry I didn't know), Then maybe it is worth disabling D+. :) DefenseWall & Prevx are good products.

10. firzen771

yes just keep the firewall part of comodo if you like it, and after disabling D+ it should go fine, although i still think prevx edge could be taken out if you wanted to.

11. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

I think I'll just drop DefenseWall instead. DefenseWall did not near all the tests in the CLT (Comodo Leak Tester,) even when marked as an untrusted application.

12. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

wrong desicion:D

13. 3xist

3xist Guest

Okay... Test DefenseWall for you're self. :) You might know how to use it better, and then pls post results at the forums. :)

14. Fuzzfas

Actually, if it was trusted application, it would have failed alltogether...

So Defensewall scored, what, about 270, if i remember well? The difference with Comodo being, that it scored that without you having to answer a single pop up.

15. 3xist

3xist Guest

Can you pls test DefenseWall again & post the results on the forums pls. We can then add it to the list of results.

16. Fuzzfas

17. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

At least three tests there are implemented wrong way (ActiveDesktop, SetWindowsHookEx, FileDrop). All the network-based tests there will be covered with 2.50 version.

18. 3xist

3xist Guest

Ilya Rabinovich.

I think your HIPS is an excellent product you have, I tested in VM and works extremely well. Comodo Defense+ and DefenseWall are both great HIPS.

19. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

Thanks, I do my best.

20. firzen771

i got 300/340 with Defensewall.

21. 3xist

3xist Guest

Thx m8.

22. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thats freaking amazing with all but wait for the version 2.50 it will pass all the test without any fuss:thumb:

23. simmikie

simmikie Registered Member

any of it could be taken out, but what makes you key on Edge?

Mike

24. simmikie

simmikie Registered Member

yep, i received a 250 score without a single pop-up. with Outpost Firewall Pro 2009 enabled, the network stuff is handled, with a score of 310 (only the wrongly implemented tests am i allegedly vulnerable to) and my "in the clouds" behavior anaylst will block true malicious code.

Mike

25. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

I don't know if your product adds anything that Comodo's D+ doesn't, and I can have Comodo for free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.