Advice for a new laptop security?..

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by vhl71, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. century

century Registered Member

No Dear. NIS trial expires in 15 days. On 16th day I would have gone for KIS. Forgotten to write that NIS would have to be completely uninstalled (please see Feandur's excellent advice here).
    Never try to run two such softwares together.

2. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

I've been testing Bitdefender Plus Anti-virus and MBAM Pro 1.75(both real time protection) on my laptop and so far I'm very pleased with them they play great together no issues at all and both provide outstanding protection.

3. vhl71

vhl71 Registered Member

I just bought BD total security 2014 and it seems to work fine other than an issue with parental control.

Should i also have a malware program such as MBAM free? or does the BD total security take care of malware also? I have been hit with malwares before..

4. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

I posted on your other problem in your thread,

I would HIGHLY recommend also installing MBAM Pro as it's a very good software with high ratings and gives another layer of protection that BD or any AV don't do, you can get there(MBAM) Pro version for $15 right now from newegg.com with has a lifetime subscription and is PC transferable.

Pro is real time protection free is not,you also could try there 14 day trial and see how you like it.

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I moved to Bit defender IS because I might travel and need my laptop.
    As near as I was able to determine BD is the only AV that secures your laptop when using an unsecured WiFi. That was and is important to me. Otherwise I would have stayed with KISS.

I should have added that MBAM Pro is one of my must haves.

Jerry

6. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

Are you having any problems running BD and MBAM together?

I'm not I'm just wondering

7. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

None at all. I have used MBAM Pro real time with Norton, Avast, Avira, F-Secure, KISS, and BD with no conflicts.
    If any AV were to conflict with MBAM I would ditch the AV and still use MBAM with another AV.

Regards,
    Jerry

8. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

Ok thanks,,Yea MBAM is an outstanding product and I'm just glad I'm not having any issues running along side BD because i really like that AV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.