Advantage

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by chaos16, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

wat advantage does look'v'stop have over zonealarm pro

2. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Well being a X user of ZA Pro 4 years of hell!,first off tech support sucks big time,in the 4 years of using Za Pro,They would not answer one question,may they rot in hell!LnS support is great!

Second I got hacked with zonealarm pro,not funny!but the people at zonelabs could care less!Never been hacked again since buying LnS.

Zonealarm is never yours to own, you must pay for updates every year,really sucks! LnS is yours to keep forever,unless LnS goes to version 3.0,then there will be some kind of charge,but you don't ever have to buy the upgrade if you don't want to ZA you must,and LnS never expires it yours for life!

Zonealarm is heavy on system resources,LnS is very light,and web pages load very fast compared to Za pro,and I don't get dead links as with Za Pro,it was a pain in the ass!

Zonealrm is very poor at leak tests,LnS beats them all!

LnS can notice programs trying to use c:\progra~1\intern~1\iexplorer
    Zonealarm does not pick up on that behind your back activity going on,LnS can,on zonealarm there is just iexplorer.exe,sure Za Pro has advanced program contol,but I did not find it as good as LnS in detecting windows sytems files and other systems files that are running which Za had no clue,Za Pro is good for people who want out of the box protection,with out any user intervention,LnS you can really custom to how you want your firewall to work,plus it has SPI,which I doubt Za Pro has?,I can go on for ever why I hate Zonealarm Pro,but give LnS a try my computer never crashes anymore,with Za it was a daily thing!,and my computer was a slug with Zonealarm pro,LnS made my computer normal as the day I bought it,the day I installed ZA pro,my computer would take over a minute and 45 seconds to boot,LnS boot up time on my computer is 30 seconds,good luck on what ever you decide to buy,but I would keep far,far away from Za Pro!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2005
  3. chaos16

and does look'n'stop block more viruses,worms,trojans, malaware, hackers better etc....

And which one has more featureso_O?

and awards??

4. Kush

Kush Registered Member

LnS is a Firewall,not a virus scanner,it does protect you against hackers,protects your ports from trojans,and it's not a adware,spyware,malware scanner.as for hackers I have never been hacked with LnS,yes with ZA pro and as for it virus scanner,I found it not very good,planted a virus and it missed it,but Avast caught it.

LnS has many good features go look at the options tab,and go to advanced options,there are options that ZA pro lacks SPI,I find LnS a better firewall overall,Za pro is like a huge webpage and heavy on system resources
    Took me five years to find LnS,and I am happy with it and haven't seen anything as good,but to each his own,why don't you try it out for 30 days see what fuctions it has,like importing and exporting rules,It's SPI feaure,anti flood and much more.

Za Pro is over rated,it was good at one time,but the custom support service is nill! With LnS there is always somebody who can help you,try that with Za,you'll be old and grey,by the time you every get an answer,I waited 4 years,emailed them nicley at first,then I told them what I think of there product,they were not to happy,in order to get an answer you got to bash them!,shoud not have to be that way! And that really does no good they just ignore your emails,you got nothing to lose,and you may find you like the interface of LnS better,I sure do and it a better firewall overall,try pcaudit2 with Za pro,then try it with LnS,Za is sleeping during this test and most others,it leaks!But I have LnS set-up in such a way,it can pass every leak test out there,and remember if you buy Za Pro its not yours you got to keep updating it every year $19.99usd what a rip off!

5. chaos16

i will give look'n'stop a go then

i just hope look'n'stop is better than za for blocking every bad thing.

i know that look'n'stop is not a scanner wat i said is if its a better blockers than za.

and can i use sp2 firewall with look'n'stop??

6. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Excluding Built-In operating system firewall, you should never install two or more software firewalls and regardless if you planning on just running the one and not the other as there is high risk of conflicts.

Besides XP Built-In packet-filter being (unrestricted) stateful packet-filter, I wouldn’t know why you would want to use XP Built-In Firewall in addition with Look ‘n’ Stop…

Though If you talking about XP SP2 Built-In Firewall with feature of detecting applications accessing server environments (attempting to act as server), you can just keep that particular aspect of XP SP2 Firewall enabled, however disable XP packet-filtering for your connection or connections, access Firewall properties and untick whatever may be checked for your connections.
    ;)

Attached Files:

7. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Za does have active-x and java disable option,LnS does not,but it's only takes a second to shut it off by yourself in internet options,samething so I don't care about that option,since you can disable it yourself for free.

As for using sp2 firewall at the sametime is not recommended, one firewall per computer,same goes for anti-virus,if you have two it is bad! It will cause conflicts with your o/s,and lessen your security,glad to hear your gonna give LnS a try,but if you are using za for along time,LnS is a rule based firewall so it takes a bit of time,to understand the concept,but it is easy to learn,and LnS importing and exporting of rules makes things a breeze,every answer you have will be in these forums,if not just make a new post and I am sure people will be happy to help you out with any problems,good luck removing za it is a nasty thing to remove,there is a ten step removal txt file on the net if you have problems.

8. chaos16

i'll stay with ZA then as it is a bit better for blocking. (plus the new 6.0 version that hopefully will becoming soon anyone has any news on it)

Plus i have done so many test. stealth,leaks etc... and from so many sites including sygate,symantec and many many more.

and they all say stealth ports. ur computer does not respond to our (watever)
    and the site says that is really good

9. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Ok fair enough,but did you try these leak tests Za pro does not pass them all,LnS does and can,please try this link

http://www.firewallleaktester.com/

and tell me how good Za pro did?And the on-line tests are not the same as a hacker hacking you,all my tests at the time said I was in stealth,but I got hacked with za pro on my system,so I would not say the on-line tests are as good as a hacker,ZA pro is not that smart,the hacker was able jam za pro and break in,and there customer service sucks to high hell!And you pay and pay never ending story! With ZA pro,it looks like a nice webpage,but a huge resource hog,good luck on the 15 leak tests,all us LnS users would sure like to know how ZA pro did? Compared to LnS? Did ZA pass them all? Did za pro improve in a year? thanks for any info on your 15 leak tests,if possible

10. chaos16

ok the test says its not as good as look'n'stop but the important thing is that i have done loads of test for my computer and they are all stealth so i am happy eith za.

i can't do an actual test there so i can't tell u that test from that site how its gone?

11. chaos16

12. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hi chaos16,

So I see you made your mind up,and that was my big mistake 5 years ago buying that resource hog Za pro,after all I have told you about there customer support(The pits!I have never talked with such a bunch of ass wipes in my life!),they think they are gods of the Internet,but Za pro support if your lucky you will get a link to help you,never expect an answer from these jerks,did you miss the part when I told you Za pro could not stop this hacker I had,and got in my computer and they deleted almost my hole harddrive,on reboot there was nothing left,but a blue desktop,so I reinstalled windows made sure I did a f-disk,it was a remote eyedropper Trojan,zonealarm did not catch it! or stop it.

You think that GRC,pc flank,sygate sos firewall stealth testers are as good a hacker can do?,sorry to burst your bubble,but these are fast scans,a hacker will take there time once they know you are there,what I am trying to say these tests don't mean you can't be hacked,it just showing you that your ports are stealth,you can't compare shieldsup test to a hacker trying to hack your computer it's different.And there are some really good hackers out there too many!

Sorry I am not sure what you are talking about quote:"i can't do an actual test there so i can't tell u that test from that site how its gone?"end quote

What? are you talking about? These tests are to be downloaded to your desktop they are exe's files,there not a on-line scanner there 15 tests download a few like pcaudit2

So good luck with your za pro,and they will make sure that you update za pro every year or it will stop working,on that note is why that are a bunch of Dick's! I didn't see that anywhere that if you don't renew your licensee the firewall will stop working,I wrote to the Mother F_ _K_ _S! I phoned these jerks of the Internet!,and each person was more clued out than the other!,so in the end it was no use,I bought LnS and I find it is the best firewall out there for the home PC,I have tried them all and LnS wins by far,but that is just me ,if you want a bunch of headaches,sure buy zonealarm pro,but don't expect help in a day,more like never!,or they sent you a link her check this out ,it had no thing to do with my problem! sounds like a great software company?

Sorry to say za pro is way overrated,and LnS is underrated by far,I fix all my friends computers and if they have za on there I take it off,and install something better,so have fun with your $49.99usd firewall and $19.99 per year for updates,easy to calculate this is one expensive firewall!,does it sound like a good deal to you? It sucks! what a rip off! And I was sucked into it myself,just trying to safe you some money,and get a better firewall,but if you like to get ripped off?,have no tech support?,not hack proof from my experience BUY za Pro,LnS I leave on 24 hours a day,sure hackers do there scanning,but they cant get in,can't say that for Za pro because I was hacked with Za pro,and custom support were a bunch of retards! lol

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  13. chaos16

i don't really mind about the support wat i really care about is the protection.

14. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hello again chaos16,

Ok point taken,but LnS is your better over all protection,but if you don't mind paying for updates every year on Za pro,it's never yours,it leaks!Very Heavy on system resources,too many can't find severs(due to za poor filtering(bad),If that sounds good to you? by all means buy it,and really good luck if you decide to go with Za pro you will need it,not to be nasty I am just trying to stop you from making the same mistake I made ZA sucks!And it has no SPI.How can you say it better than LnS,maybe read a little about SPI,you would know that LnS better,I wound not have bought LnS if it did not have SPI,very important security feature,does ZA have SPI?Good luck

15. chaos16

ok i will try the trial.

but wat is SPI

And when i install the firewall does it imidietly stealth my pc??

16. chaos16

and look'n'stop doesn't lock java,scripts,activex.

Which way does look'n'stop block viruses,worms,trojans and malaware,spyware,adaware etc....

How does it block them.

and is it user friendly

17. chaos16

if look'n'stop wanted to could they have signature updates like wat norton personal firewall haso_O?

and could they be partners with grisoft like that grisoft can help look'n'stop block new virus,trojan,worms,malaware etc...
    coz grisoft doesn't have a firewall so look'n'stop can be there like firewall.

but could look'n'stop have daily updates just like wat NPfirewall has.
    wat do thoughs updates really doo_O are they signature updateso_O??

18. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Here are some links to help you out a bit,it would help if you read the help file in LnS,but here are a few things to help you out,you are asking the same questions over and over again except for SPI so here it is and some other stuff to help you start out.

'TCP Stateful Packet Inspection': if the option is selected, Look 'n' Stop watches the TCP connections and verifies that all TCP inbound and outbound packets belong to an active connection. If not, an alert is displayed in the log page. If this option is selected an additional button (Connections) is available in the log patch to see the active TCP connections.

Another button 'Connections' is available if the advanced option 'TCP Stateful Packet Inspection' is enabled. By clicking this button you can get the list of active TCP connections and theirs states (and old connections that have been closed).

LnS help links:

How it prevents spyware,Trojan info link:

http://www.looknstop.com/En/application_filtering.htm

Stop hackers through Internet filtering link info:

http://www.looknstop.com/En/internet_filtering.htm

and as for active -X and Java to be disabled go to Internet options disable them,its the same thing as zonealarm,hope you know a little about computers? You have to setup correctly,so when you need a web site with active-x(like on-line banking),just add it to your trusted and it is enabled only on the sites that you let in,so in working with good and evil zones,spyware goes down 99%,I get no spyware with this method,2 years and I get nothing unless I let it in my trusted zone,I found za pro and it's active x blocking and Java really made surfing the net a pain!,this way is free here's the link below on how to set it up,don't buy the product,just read the information and change your security setting as in the link and spyware is pretty much gone,every once in a while I get a browser highjack,but I use startpage guard,put it on auto and highjacking is a thing of the past,and it's a free program

Good and evil zones set-up info
    http://hacker-eliminator.com/safebrowsing.html

And if you want more info,install LnS and read the help file and play around with it(you have 30 days),there is an advanced mode,but maybe hold off on that option until you get use to it,and you can enable the advanced options at anytime,as for the rule-set use the EnhancedRulesSet.rls,or Phantom's rule-set,both will keep you safe and stealth,by default the standard rule-set is loaded,just go to load,in Internet filtering tab click load and you will see the EnhancedRulesSet.rls highlight it,click open and that's it,if you find it too hard go for za since you think it so great,just a lot of gadgets,which you can disable yourself,and as for virus protection try Avast,or AVG they both are good free virus protection.As for updates of LnS there is an auto feature,and will tell you when a new version is out.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2005
  19. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

By the way Chaos .
    ZA stealthing does NOT indicate you are protected . Most firewalls can stealth . Not all can give the protection needed or wanted . LnS is awesome and FAR better than Za . Good luck in your quest .

20. chaos16

The only problem that i think i will find with look'n'stop is that its for advance userso_O?

I its hard to do the rules etc...o_Oo_Oo_O??

21. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hi chaos16,

I was also confused at first,after being a zonelab rat drone for over 4 years! But don't give up!,it just a matter of learning a few things about
    Internet filtering rules,read each one so you get an idea just what these rules are doing for you go down the list and check out each rule,EnhancedRulesSet.rls is not hard to set-up,Phantom's rule-set you should first learn EnhancedRulesSet.rls then when you start to understand more about intenet filtering,you can try Phantom's rule-set ,more rules and you have to edit some rules before they can be used like Anti-MAC Spoofing and a few others,it really is easyier than it sounds,so play around with the EnhancedRulesSet.rls,it takes a few days to really understand a rule based firewall if you have never used one,but the protection is way better!,than the mindless firewalls, were you hope it's doing it's job?,but with LnS you will know what it is protecting from by the ruleset you can get a good idea of just how it works,I love this firewall and you will also if you give it a chance,if you are having problems setting it up there is always people who are glad to help new users of LnS,when I first installed mine for the first time the LnS support can really guide you in the right direction,and Phantom has helped so many new users,so if you can't get it to work,put up a post Help!And we can then help you set it up,it took me a few hours the first time I set it up to understand what all the rules are doing,I admit is was a bit shakey at first ,but once you learn the basic of LnS,app filtering and internet filtering you will feel more at ease as with anything in time it will become second nature to you,if you have questions just ask,it's the fastest way to set up LnS and there are so many people who like to help each other out,great site and good people.

22. chaos16

if look'n'stop wanted to could they have signature updates like wat norton personal firewall has?

and could they be partners with grisoft like that grisoft can help look'n'stop block new virus,trojan,worms,malaware etc...
    coz grisoft doesn't have a firewall so look'n'stop can be there like firewall.

but could look'n'stop have daily updates just like wat NPfirewall has.
    wat do thoughs updates really do are they signature updates??

23. Phant0m

If you are in reference to signatures for IDS, Look ‘n’ Stop do not have IDS, no need for constant IDS updating.

Look ‘n’ Stop Application Filtering already has a good passing status for detection for many types of leaks generated locally, and since Look ‘n’ Stop isn’t an Anti-Virus or Anti-Trojan or Anti-Spyware system or doesn’t have IDS, there is no need to partnering up with any other company.

24. Phant0m

Look ‘n’ Stop is a software firewall that contains two independent layers (Application Filter, Packet Filter), so if you looking for something all-in-one that includes other Anti systems then just keep on using Norton Internet Security Suite that has it all-in-one, oh you don’t use it, you use ZoneAlarm? There must be a reason why you aren’t using Norton Internet Security Suite and this is why you still continuing to use ZoneAlarm, am I mistaken?

It is nice to see a Firewall such as Look ‘n’ Stop that can cover nearly all known leak possibilities, stealth you from the mere scan packets that are used for Online web-scans (no surprise ZoneAlarm or any basic packet-filter can do anyways). Do everything Look ‘n’ Stop does which is a quite a bit, and to still be easiest on system resources AND not even hair impact on Internet performance.

As for awards, many of my observations shown me that awards giving out normally do with how features in software firewall can be interpreted from a beginner’s eye hell many people passing out awards really don’t know hell of a lot in regards to TCP/IP so they can’t even be expected to understand many of the firewall features…

25. chaos16

So then overall look'n'stop is better than zonealarmo_O?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.