Advanced System Care PRO -free giveaway

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by adik1337, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adik1337

adik1337 Registered Member

Celebration for the 5th birth anniversary of Advanced SystemCare

Advanced SystemCare PRO Edition

Protect and speed up your computer with Advanced SystemCare PRO (formerly Advanced WindowsCare Professional)! It provides an always-on, automated, all-in-one PC Healthcare Service with anti-spyware, privacy protection, performance tune-ups, and system cleaning capabilities. This powerful and award-winning precision tool fixes stubborn errors, cleans out clutter, optimizes internet and download speeds, ensures personal security and maintains maximum computer performance automatically.

http://db.iobit.com/license-free/asc-free-license.php

2. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

3. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

I run this program almost daily (1-click cleanup). For me it has been excellent, especially in terms of the registry cleaner (with pro version's deep clean option enabled). I've tried other similar programs (Glary, WinUtilities, etc.) but this has worked best for me.

4. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

It's just a decision/perception about whether one believes e.g. what happened with iobit/MBAM, recognises the implications and business practices of software
    company, and if you would subsequently use their products. I wouldn't touch with a proverbial bargepole. Tried CCleaner?

5. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

I use ccleaner too, which is also excellent, but not so much on the registry side.

The first time I heard about iobit/MBAM thing was here on Wilders, at which point I had already bought the Advanced SystemCare Pro license. And I don't excuse what they did, but now the problem is I like the product.

As for this offer, it's free so Wilders members who have ethical concerns about iobit can at least take advantage of an excellent cleaner utility without patronizing the company monetarily.

6. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

For registry cleaner, you could give a try to the free MVRegClean.

7. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestion - I've tried a lot of reg cleaners, but hadn't heard of MVRegClean before. I just installed and ran it. My initial thoughts are that this program will be a worthwhile addition to my set of secondary reg cleaners of which I run one at least once a month (the others are Argente Registry Cleaner and Free Window Registry Repair) - that's assuming of course that everything is still working fine after the next reboot.

MVRegClean found a lot of "problems" (~900) which was also the case with the other cleaners I use the first time I ran them. But it was a bit slow (~10 minutes), and I still need to see how it does on subsequent runs. The reason I use Advanced SystemCare as my primary cleaner is because it's fast (~2-3 min on my laptop) and tends to clean the type of "problem" entries that build up quickly. Argente and Free Window Reg Repair both clean some "problems" that Advanced System Care misses, but the crap they clean takes longer to build up hence the need to run them less frequently. I suspect MVRegClean may be in that same category, but we'll see.

Also, while the 'Registry Fix' feature is the main selling point for me, each Advanced SystemCare 'Maintain Windows' scan also includes 3 other features: Spyware Removal, Privacy Sweep, and Junk Files Removal. These scans are not thorough by any means, but they are super quick and therefore well-suited for the type of daily maintenance that I don't mind doing before turning off my computer for the day. Another feature (for run once) I like is 'System Optimization' which scans your service and performance related settings and suggests the type of "tweaks" that are generally recommended by 'internet experts' and computer magazines. (for example, which services to disable, which to set to start on demand, etc.)

edit: typo

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  8. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

IOBit or not, I'd advise everyone to stay way clear of ANY of so called registry cleaners and optimizers... Best case, they do nothing, most cases - they do more harm than good. If a particular registry entry is causing trouble, you need to pinpoint it and fix/wipe it. Not go on a wild guessing what's "unused", "old", "broken" etc.

Performance benefit - none. Potential damage - critical. :thumbd:

9. m00nbl00d

To pinpoint what key is causing what, most of the times is an impossible a task. That's why I use a registry cleaner: To give me a resume of what is there and see if I can check what is causing the troubles I'm having at some point.

So, yes people need to be careful with registry cleaners. They do delete entries that are needed, and that we still need.

Example:

You have SRP applied (not sure about AppLocker) and you connect to the Internet through an USB connection device. You need to allow the path for the USB device in SRP.
    Running a registry cleaner will detect that entry has an invalid key because the USB device no longer is there, and so for the program it will be OK to delete it.

10. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

They give you mostly invalid resume of what's there. Example being "unused" file extensions, "invalid" ActiveX, "missing" DLLs etc. You get this on absolutely fresh clean Windows install. They guys behind these tools are just guessing, wildly guessing.

In case you can't find out the key that's causing a problem to you, I'd suggest finding someone who can, as opposed to using a third-party tool that might eventually find it but cause tons of collateral damage it on it's way when fixing it. Because, vast majority of users will just let the utility "fix" the registry automatically. Why? Well, then don't understand the registry business. So, the utility will do it's poor job. One thing fixed, 50 others broken on this quest.

11. m00nbl00d

You're 100% right.

I do not use registry cleaner to clean the registry. I use it to find some key related to the problem I'm having at a specific time. If I find a key related to the problem I'm having, I'll dig about that key; what it is, what it does, if it's safe to delete it.

I don't trust registry cleaners to do that job.

If I don't find the registry key related to the specific problem I'm having, of if it's there but I just can't see it or if I'm not sure if it is OK to delete it, then I'll search and see whether or not someone else has been having the same problem(s) and what has been done in order to sort it out.

I won't blindly trust a registry cleaner, nor will I use it to clean the registry. More damage than good as you said.

I only mentioned MVRegClean because it's free, unlike IOBit. So, if people want to use one, use one from someone who doesn't run a shady business.

:thumb:

12. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

I don't use registry cleaners to fix anything, and in fact they are more likely to break than fix in my experience. For me it's more about cleaning excess crap that builds up in Windows registry over time the same way temporary and other junk files build up in the regular Windows file system. And after a good clean, or least once a month, I run a registry defrag program that compacts the registry and can speed up Windows. (I mostly use NTREGOPT, though there are many other free ones that all work about the same - Adv. SystemCare includes one too).

13. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

I use it also. MVRegClean and Eusing Registry Cleaner are trusty app. (they aren't agressives reg. cleaners).

Their analizis process are slow - but the results are reliable.

I use ever ERUNT before to change something in registry (with or without reg. cleaners).

14. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

i already have a license.
    But it made some problems .
    Dont know how good is it now.
    Im happy with CCleaner
    TuneUp utilities 2009
    Ashampoo winoptimizer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.