Advanced Process Termination v1.9 released!

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Wayne - DiamondCS, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Version 1.9 of APT (Advanced Process Termination) has been released, you can can download it here (just 43kb - freeware).

This new build extends the number of termination methods from 7 to 9, and includes the completely undocumented WinStationTerminateProcess function.

There's no need for a Process Guard update as Process Guard already protects against all 9 termination methods. :)

Anti-hook capabilities have also been strengthened in this release, so if any trojans hook termination-related functions then APT will still be able to use those functions by bypassing the hooks. These anti-hook capabilities will also be included in TDS4.

We hope you enjoy this addition to your toolkit. :)

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Thanks Wayne, I have tried against several Process Guard protected programmes with the necessary blocks and none were terminated by APT1.9
    All were terminated when removed from the protected list, including Outpost, Task Manager, TDS3 & Port Explorer. :)

3. hojtsy

hojtsy Registered Member

I tested System Safety Monitor 1.9.4b1 against APT 1.9.
    SSM catches Kill 1,3 and 5, and no other. I did not test Kill 9, as I already had Terminal Services disabled for good. This means SSM leaves big holes for trojans to terminate anything. So much for the SSM fans. It seems I will keep Process Guard :) even though it's instability. :(
    -hojtsy-

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

It is true that a few people have stability issues with Process Guard but most do not. Jason is aware of these issues and will address them ASAP :)

SSM can always be added to PG's protection list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.