Advanced heuristics

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by RobertKeey, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobertKeey

RobertKeey Registered Member

Hi,

I was using NOD32 some long time ago and since my current AV will expire soon, I'm having second thoughts
    about returning to NOD32 coz impressive users reviews;)

But can someone give me more details about nod32 advanced heuristics? My current AV (which name I prefer not to say) is using Kohonen neural networks algoritm, well at least they claim so;). What algoritm is using Nod32?

2. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

Heuristics - Heuristic is an algorithm that analyzes the (malicious) activity of programs. The main advantage is the ability to detect new malicious software which did not previously exist, or was not included in the list of known viruses (virus signatures database).
    Advanced heuristics - Advanced heuristics comprise a unique heuristic algorithm developed by ESET optimized for detecting computer worms and trojan horses written in high level programming languages. Due to advanced heuristics, the detection intelligence of the program is significantly higher.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You have posted to the v2 forum. If you are actually using v2, I'd recommend that you upgrade to NOD32 ESET Antivirus (v3) which has better detection than v2 due to technical improvements that it employs.

4. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

A proprietary one :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.